Chapter 20: Epilogue

Hey guys! Here is the final chapter of Book 2. The Epilogue! I know what you'll be thinking by the end; its suppose to be like that ;) I hope soon within' the next few months i'll be able to make it much clearer. 

****

July 13th, 2017: I still have plans to work on a book 3... soon... I am not sure when but I have taken some time from writing these last two years because of finishing high school and starting college however I will not be editing Book 2 any furthur, it was written in 2012-2013 and since then my writing ability has grown and it would be too much stress to go through rewriting all of this so if it seems not so well written I apologize, book 3 and my future work will be much better. Thank you for all your support!

*****

     The Bifrost had pulled us back to Asgard through time and space. It was relaxing until Thor and I walked through the portal; only to be met by Odin. He was stone faced as he looked over us. I now wished I would have washed away or gotten some of the blood I failed to remove after bringing Laufey to his death.

     "Boys..." Odin stared at us with his one well eye. He was still the Allfather of all Nine Realms and therefor had much more power over Thor and myself. I felt small as I knew he was obviously frustrated.

*****

     "Father you must understand!" I pleaded as I rushed after Odin down the corridors of the Throne Room.

     "You put too many lives at risk doing what you just did!" He proclaimed, barging through the heavy doors of the Throne Room.

     "I did it for the good of the realm; I did it for our families!" I shouted, walking quickly after the old man.

     Odin scoffed as he made his way to the Throne, taking his seat and watching me as I stood on the first step. "Your own selfish purposes do not attain to every other being.  You murdered a King, the King of the Frost Giants! How am I to deal now with this? You could have lit the match to start a war between our two kinds!"

     I looked down, shaking my head at this. He did not understand - he never would. "The Frost Giants that are left are not out to hurt us. I made sure of that before Thor and I had returned. We made peace."

     "Oh, and is that so?" Odin glared at me with his one good eye. "I must severely punish you, my son. You put this realm, and the people we protect, in danger. Now I must manipulate the time and ways of Earth. I must delete and insert. Do you understand how balanced the mortal beings on Earth are? If you take out one person, only to reinsert them back into their place after a period of time, you can set off a chain reaction." Odin sighed and rubbed his temples as my eyes were large with concern.

     "What do you mean, father?" Odin looked to me and groaned.

     "You make Makall a pawn! She always takes the fall for your mistakes because you are a God who is hard to break. She always must be hurt or used in order for others to get to you or be able to enlighten the world put forth before your eyes."

     There was a lump in my throat at the thought.

     Was this true? Makall always taking the fall for me? That couldn't be so.

     "Don't lie to me, father!" Odin stood as I rose my voice.

     "See? That is it my dear boy. You haven't the slightest idea that your recent actions have caused everyone to suffer. Memory loss, death, and so on."

     "What are you up to?" I asked Odin as he gave a sorrow straight look.

     "Makall must leave. I will send her back to Asgard. She cannot be here to suffer anymore through your ways. If she wishes, she may return... that is if she wants such." 

     I swore I could have heard, after speaking under his breath, Odin saying how he hated to play the role of puppeteer to teach a lesson to his son. This caused me to frown even more so. "You will be courting Makall. I am annulling your marriage. If all goes well, she may return to Asgard with the family upon request but..."

     "And if this doesn't go as you plan? Why are you even doing this to our family? My family!"

     "Then... well, we can say I won't be there to pick up the pieces of a broken family that you caused to fall apart. Makall has recently come to me with concerns. She fears the well being of her sister. She fears as well that Jonathan and Annabelle may not be in touch with their other half, Earth. Makall feels many things as I have found since her death... She came back from an unknown world and that can change many people, Loki." Odin watched me ever so closely.

     I  could only look to him, speechless... He would take Makall away from me now. The odds would not be in my favor at all... It was an uneven game board... If I was to lose, I wouldn't have the one I love with all my heart.

     "How would you know such? How do I know you are not lying? Makall loves me!"

     "Perhaps, for the moment being. But as it seems, love can fade if you put one in harms way." Odin shook his head as he took his seat once more at one of the three large throne seats - his of course the largest for he was still the Allfather - and he seemed saddened that Makall had come to him with this news. 

     But who was I to let my love not live how she wanted? After all, she was a mortal and she was dragged into this mess I caused. Perhaps a while between Midgard and Asgard would do her well... I just couldn't lose her. I couldn't lose my love... My hope... My mind... My soul... My life... Makall Genève Welles...

*****

     Stay tuned for Book Three to be uploaded, the sequel to this book!