Chapter 3: {Loki/Annabelle Split POV}

It all had sounded well put together in my head until I finally let the words slip from my lips. 

     I needed to collect my thoughts now because guilt pierced my heart. 

     The way Annabelle left was enough to kill me. But that was a few hours ago and now I was thinking over my actions as I once again entered the garden.

     So much like her mother... Makall...

     That was something that had been eating me alive as well. The fact that my life had slipped through my fingers so easily killed me. She hadn't been sick for long but she just couldn't hold onto life much longer and to know we hadn't explained to Jonathan nor Annabelle made this worse.

     Jonathan acted like a man and acted unfazed and Annabelle... Annabelle was as hurt as myself and Jonathan honestly and the last couple of weeks I'd stayed to myself, battling the internal conflict within' me. Lately my dark past had been trying to conquer my currently good life. I had just sent my daughter away and now had the difficult task of dealing with my son. One who I wasn't sure of how to take care of anymore.

     "Too many issues..." I whispered to myself while moving my cape to sit on the stone bench. I looked at the Cherry Blossoms before me. So beautiful they were. They were Makall and Annabelle's favorite tree. God I didn't know how I'd be able to live like this.

     "Loki?" A deep voice interrupted my jumbled thoughts. I turned to see Thor behind me with his Mjolnir in hand. I sighed and stood to my feet, ignoring the tense muscles in my thighs.

      "Yes, brother?" Thor stood and bit his lip, unable to look me straight in the eye. "Annabelle has left and Stark has been informed of her arrival... but that is not why I am here."  

     I groaned in annoyance. What could he want now? "Then what is it Thor? I am burdened enough with the absence of my eldest child an now you have more bad news? Pray tell."

     "It's Johnny..." Thor began and I felt my heart sink lower and lower in the supposedly bottomless pit.  "He didn't cause it himself but... Laufey was involved..."

     "Laufey is dead though!" I shouted as my voice grew weak, my knees wobbly from the understanding. "No... It's Laufey's doing... Jonathan was cursed..."

     "Foolish tales Thor. My son was not cursed!" I shouted again as I stormed past him up the cobblestoned path, my hair loose at my shoulders and going all different directions.

     "Go see for yourself then Loki. It is true what your brother speaks of." Volstagg's voice stopped me at the archway as he leaned against the wall, his belly rounder than ever. So my son was now dead because of a curse from my father... Odin help us and save my daughter...

     You want revenge do you not? Take your revenge out on a helpless race to satisfy your hunger for revenge, Loki. Do what you once could not. 

     A voice cooed in my darkening mind. I wanted to ignore it, but it sounded so... pleasent...

                                                  *****

     It had been ages it seemed since I had visited Midgard.

     The Bifrost practically coughed me out from the sky and onto the roof of Stark Towers. I landed on what felt like padded gravel. It took me a few moments of just lying there with my hair all over to feel my toes and fingers again.

     "Ah, rough landing huh?" I heard a voice coming closer. It was a male voice and when I looked, it was a man with a black eye patch and he wore a black over coat.

     "Who..." I began as I sat up, but the tall, dark skinned man interrupted me.

     "I of course would understand that you would not remember me Annabelle. I'm Nick. Nick-"

     "Nick Fury... How are you?" I finished for him as I stood sudden;y upon gaining some strength, dusting off my leggings that stopped above my knee and silver metallic skirt that ended a few inches above my knees.

     "Um well, alright I guess. Your father had informed us you needed some place to stay while here on Earth."

     "That's correct... since he only seems to want to have to handle my brother." Scoffing, I flung my backpack over my right shoulder and walked past Nick, down the stairs and onto the balcony that led into Stark Towers' top floor.

     I sighed softly as my senses all were hyper sensitive to everything. I could hear the smallest sound and everything was so detailed. I heard soft voices out in the main hall as I placed my bag on the couch.

     "So, Nick, are all the Avengers still residing here?" I turned to face him and he chuckled a little before nodding. "You seem quite at home all of a sudden, and yes, they all are. The only one we've let go is Natasha."

     "Oh? Why so?" I asked as I sat on the arm of the sofa.  "Well she had preferred to work for the Russian Government as well and I'm not one to decline such. She still works here though and lives here too." Ah so Nat. still wanted to work for them.

     "Ah I see." I shrugged and crossed my arms and I heard the door swing open. A man ran into the room in tan pants and a tight white short sleeve shirt tucked into it, showing off his toned body. My mouth dropped slightly.

     "Nick. Clint needs to discuss something with you in lab 5." I saw the annoyance on Fury's face and I couldn't help but giggle at the sight.

     "Rodgers why don't you stay here and then give a tour to our new house guest, Annabelle, Loki's daughter? I'm sure you'd remember her. Annabelle, Steve. I'll see you all at dinner." With that Nick left the room and I was left with the man, dumbfounded at what Nick just said. Steve Rodgers. The guy I had a major crush on when I was fourteen... oh Odin...

     I saw he was as struck as I was when he turned to face me, his eyes wide as they looked me over. I blushed and sighed internally. "Um, Hi, Mr. Rodgers." I called him by the name my mother made me address him by when I was younger.

     "Wow... Anny? You certainly have grown up..." His voice was off pitch slightly when his eyes met mine and I smiled. "Yeah... I'm eighteen now... and you haven't aged a bit. Still look as young as ever."

     "Forever that's how it'll be I guess." He laughed a little and I saw his face flush slightly. Oh he was as handsome as I remember. "Well... shall we? I'll show you around. Not much has changed if I must be honest."