Chapter 11: {Annabelle's POV}

It was a wonder to think that my father was here now. Finally after so long, after all the tears and paranoid feelings, he finally was here. Now here he was at dinner with the Avengers - Clint, Tony, Steve, and Dr. Banner - Fury, Emi, and me. Emi and I sat his sides and of course everyone was ecstatic to discuss one another's lives since it was now Thanksgiving and it had been forever since we'd all had a dinner together.

     "So, how is life in Asgard?" Steve brought up the question as our appetizers were served. I shot an amused look towards Steve from across the table as I leaned down to take a bite of my garden salad.

     "Quiet well in fact. Thor and Lady Jane have been blessed to now have Magnum and Alvis competing for the throne. Since all that has occurred..." Loki's voice broke and I looked to him concerned but he gave a small, yet reassuring, smile and I sighed softly while returning to my food.

     "But I thought that only happened if a King died." Tony looked from my father to me, "And if I'm not mistaken, from what Emi has explained, Annabelle would be next in line for the throne."

     Steve caught my gaze immediately as I looked towards him to shut Tony up. "Well, first my dear brother-in-law, it's the title of Half-King, and technically that is so. But, Annabelle is not present in Asgard for the time being. However it is only to see who will succeed her. So there is no worry."

     I coughed on my food quietly; totally slapped by the realization that it was true I'd have to take the throne. Alone and without my brother. But that was some time from now.

     After that, it had become awkwardly silent in a sense, besides the fact that everyone had their side conversations going on. "Annabelle." Steve leaned over the table slightly and whispered quite loudly.

     I giggled at this, "Yeah?"

     "Can I talk to you out in the hall?" He didn't joke along back with me, his face stone cold and serious. What could be so important? Just as I was thinking, dinner came out and was served, but once I voiced protest, he pushed it further until I couldn't shake him.

     "Alright, alright."

     "Father." I tapped Loki on the shoulder, feeling the familiar cool metal of his shoulder plate.

     "Yes?" He looked to me as he began digging into his food. "If you'll excuse me, I'll be right back."

     "It's quite alright; take your time, princess." He leaned close and kissed my forehead softly and tenderly, sending that fatherly protective feeling through me. I couldn't help but sigh happily at this. It was nice to know that he was back.

     I pulled out from the table and got up, my seat instantly being taken by Dr. Banner, who instantly struck up a conversation with my father. I listened for a bit as I lingered next to the door, but was pulled through them and into the hall. The last thing I heard was Dr. Banner apologizing to my father, "Look Loki, I'm sorry about that incident with – the other guy - throwing you like a ragdoll... He isn't so nice sometimes."

     My father replied with "No worries Banner, it's all quite alright."

     The door closed and I shot a glare at Steve. "What's wrong?" He didn't take his time to explain but instead placed his hands on my cheeks gently and backed me against one of the walls, his body holding me there as he kissed me. I was taken by surprise, only to push away from him. Now was not the time for a make out session.

     "What was that?" I bit my lip, realizing I wanted to kiss him again.

     "Probably the last kiss we'd ever have..." Steve looked down, embarrassed, slipping his hands into his jean pockets.

     "Steve... wh-what are you talking abo-"

     "Nick told me we couldn't be seeing one another anymore... for your sake and for mine as well..." There was genuine hurt in Steve's voice and I felt my heart sink.

     "Steve..."

     "Nick said you'd be leaving anyways back with your father... that's why he's here." Really? My father was here to come get me? That meant I could go home!

     But... I'd leave him... I'd leave Steve and everyone behind. I couldn't do that.

     "Steve... I won't leave you behind..." I said reassuringly as I stepped towards him.

     "Sure you will... Just like I did Peggy when I should have tried to land the plane safer."

     My heart sank at what Steve had just said. He still loved that girl from when he was alive back in the 40s, her name was Peggy... She was long gone now but I could see I shouldn't allow him more pain. "I-I see... I guess I'll just leave, let you still hold onto Peggy." I said colder than it should have been, but what was a girl to do? He loved her still!

     "No, Annabelle wait. That's not what I meant at all." Steve walked back to me and grabbed my arm, but I quickly snatched it from him.

     "No, you said what you said, and Fury was right I guess... I'll just continue loving you from afar as I did as a child." I turned to go down the hall when a loud crash came from the dining room.

     My first thought was of my father. I pushed past Steve and hurried into the room to be met with the sight of everyone trying to get Loki to let Banner go from the wall. Shouts echoed against the walls and plates and food were everywhere. I rushed over to everyone, pushing them out of the way and trying to get Loki to let go of Banner before he lost his temper.

     He wouldn't budge.

     "Dad, let him go!" I pleaded with him.

     "This man insulted me!" My father shouted back, but the voice was not his own. It was different, and when he looked to me, his eyes had gone red.

     This wasn't my father... No way could it have been. He never had this happen before...

     I pleaded with my father to let him go and finally he did. "Dad, what was that?" I shouted as everyone ran to Banner, who lay unconscious on the floor next to the broken shards of glass scattered by the corner of the room. Fury and Steve ran over to stand behind me.

     My father looked to me with eyes of hatred and rage. I didn't understand... "Stupid Girl!" He shouted and took me by the throat, throwing me against the wall and striding over to where I lay, everyone acting quickly as they realized this wasn't Loki. The being's true formed began to fade through and it was a tall frosty blue figure.

     "Laufey!" Steve shouted.

     Laufey? My father's father? My grandfather? Oh I couldn't think about this now, I felt like every muscle in my body ached. "I thought we left you in your own realm?" I heard Fury shout as I heard more loud crashes while my eye lids grew heavy. The large dining room echoed the shouts and shots being fired as I was picked up by whom I thought was Laufey. The being ran with me and behind my eyes I saw a bright blue light, followed by two male shouts.

     "Annabelle!" I heard Loki and Steve's voice as all went silent and I heard the distant sound of my mother's voice while I opened my eyes to see I was flying through a glittery blue beam of light through space.

     I'm with you Annabelle and I'll protect you. Your father will find you...

     At that very moment I realized that my mother's spirit was with me since she passed away.  That she was the one who had protected and whispered quietly to me at night. This was too much... all I saw then was darkness. Nothing more than silence in my mixed up world.