Meeting him

It's been a few weeks since that eventful weekend. Simon and I have gotten closer as we always hug and high five each other now. He has gotten really good and recognising my makaton signs now! AnnaMarie and I get on well but the level of socialisation with each other varies from each time we see each other. Some days we get on great playing with each other and some days we just don't know what to say or do  so we don't say anything and play on different things. I think Simon is a bit torn between us but he knows he is the only friend I have whereas AnnaMarie has more littles she can go to. So Simon makes more of an effort to spend quality time with me during playtimes. I told him my social anxieties about how I'm worried AnnaMarie might feel left out but he said they are in the same class together in school so They agreed with each other that they will spend quality time together in school and he will spend quality time with me at playtimes. He always has lunch with AnnaMarie now but we have breakfast as just me and Simon and AnnaMarie sometimes chooses to join us for dinner! On another note I'm still not getting on with that teacher but I am with 2 of my class mates like Reuben and Jonathan. We get on well with each other. I wouldn't consider them as friends yet as we don't socialise with each other outside of class time but we get on well and I enjoy playing and chatting with them in class.

Anyway right now it's bedtime and Marcus is reading me a social story about the next couple of days. Aparently a big event is happening which means my routine will change a little bit. the book says that lots of different titans will come visit this place as they look for their new littles. The first half of the day I will be in the playroom until lunchtime. Then I will have a nap before going back into the playroom for the afternoon but the titans will be in the room to play with us.There will be points where specific activities are offered to me as a choice and this will all happen the day after tomorrow as well. After the 2 days I will be told if I or my friends have been adopted. These events happen once a month. Then the book ends. Hang on? What happens after I get the news? And what happens if I don't get adopted? My head is whizzing and I make my stressed sounds as Marcus tucks me into bed. I am still unsettled when he closes the door panel to my bed as I stand up and pat on the panel with my hands. Marcus just says that I don't need to worry and that it will all be alright and to just think about all the fun I will have playing in the playroom all day tomorrow and the day after. I must admit that last point did help a bit but I still feel worried. As the lights are turned off I lay myself back into bed and pull the covers over me. I think and dream about playing and having fun and eventually I fall asleep.

—The next morning, Essie's pov.—

I hear the door open and Clara say in a cheery voice "Good morning Essie! Today is a special day!" The blinds are opened and I'm taken out of my bed. We head to the cafeteria and I have rice crispies with some sugar sprinkled on it. I drink all the milk from my bowl as well as some water from a bottle before eating some pineapple pieces. After that I am taken to my bathroom where my teeth are brushed.
I then get my nappy changed on the changing table in my room. Clara says "Now since today is such a special day Essie you can wear something extra special. She goes to a door which turns out to be a cupboard and takes 2 dressed out but then Marcus reminded her that I don't really like dresses or skirts so she put one dress back and Marcus took out a smart looking top with pink bunny dungarees.

 She goes to a door which turns out to be a cupboard and takes 2 dressed out but then Marcus reminded her that I don't really like dresses or skirts so she put one dress back and Marcus took out a smart looking top with pink bunny dungarees