Play Date - 2 (Tsukishima)

Chapter 2

I can't believe I was late! I had gotten up an extra hour early to make sure I was ready too. I had lost track of time picking out an outfit for this date, and had only realized the time when my mom had asked me about lunch. So here I was, running to meet up with Kei. I could already hear his snarky comments about my punctuality.

He was waiting for me at the entrance and I took a moment to look over his choice of wear. He was dressed in a pair of distressed black jeans, with a cream colored oversized knit sweater, and black vans. I never seen him so well dressed before, he usually stuck to his hoodies and sweatpants if he could help it. When I caught myself smiling I slapped a hand over my face. No, I had to remind myself that he was only dressing for the part, so no happy feelings about that.

"You're late." he said in a snipped tone when I finally got to him.

"Only a little." I tried for a cute and innocent smile, but I knew it wouldn't work on him. He scoffed at me and walked towards the ticket booth without another word.

I rolled my eyes and dug the tickets out of my bag. Once we were inside the park I felt my anxiety rise. There was so much to do here, and I wasn't exactly sure where to start. What would make for the best pictures? What would a normal couple do?

"Earth to the air head," Tsuki lightly tapped my head to get my attention. I grumbled a complaint but it didn't phase him. "I asked if you wanted to start with the rides or games first."

I blinked up at him a bit surprised. His eyes narrowed in irritation most likely guessing that I hadn't a clue what to do.

"If we're just going to stand around I might as well just go home." he threatened, and I lifted my hands in defense. That was the last thing I wanted.

"Games! Let's do the games first!" I quickly said and began walking towards the nearest booth. He followed after and I could tell he was getting agitated.

I had walked up to one where we had to throw balls at the moving targets. The more targets you hit the bigger the prize. I looked up at Kei who seemed completed disinterested, but it looked like fun to me. After handing over some coin I took out my phone and handed it to my date.

"Take some pictures." I ordered, and the man rolled his eyes at me while taking my phone.

I pulled up my sleeves and took the five balls I had paid for. I took in a deep breath and aimed for the first target. Kei let out a small laugh when I overshot it, and hit the top of the booth instead. I glowered at him and he smirked at me holding up my phone.

"Glad I have evidence that you actually suck." he was all too happy about that.

I picked up the next ball and pictured his face on one of the targets. Bullseye! I smirked back at the bean pole to shove it in his face, but he was still smirking at me. I picked up the next ball, but completely missed again, and again, and again. Out of the five shots, I had only made the one.

Kei didn't even try to hide his laughter this time.

"Like you could do any better." I retort, and he stood up straighter looking down at me with a gleam in his eyes.

"Want to bet on that?" he challenged.

I let him take his turn, and took my phone back from him. I wasn't about to miss another opportunity to embarrass him. Much to my surprise though, he was a lot better than I thought. He made it look nearly too easy. With a flick of his wrist he sent each ball sailing towards the targets. He hadn't hit them all, but he was near damn close to, and got a good 3 shots.