Dummy Next Door - Part 3 (Kageyama)

**A/n: This chapter is a bit longer than the others.

Chapter 3

The mixer hadn't exactly been what I had expected. It was evedient from the start that my role there was to make my so called friends look better. I hadn't said much today allowing the other girls to showcase themselves, and only spoke when asked a direct question.

By the end of it all, I just wanted to crawl into bed. So when the girls started to pair off with the guy of thier choosing I made up an excuse to leave. I hadn't planned on one of the guys to offer to take me home.

"Come on, it's getting dark anyway. I wouldn't feel right letting you walk home by yourself." He had said, after I had declined him several times.

With encouraging pushes from the others, I finally gave in and allowed him to escort me home. I was worried about having a topic of conversation seeing as I hadn't paid much attention to him before, but I didn't need to worry about that. The guy seriously talked a lot.

He wasn't that bad looking. He was tall, and had a slim build. He had dark brown eyes, but I couldn't help but compare them to the icy blue ones I longed for. I wondered if Kageyama was headed home from practice by now. Would he be in the backyard practicing again?

"Did you hear me?" My companion asked bringing out of my internal thoughts.

"Hm? Sorry, what?" I asked.

"Geeze, am I boring you that much?" He smiled through the awkward tension I had created.

"No, oh no, I'm sorry. I just have a lot on my mind." I give him an apologetic smile.

"You know, I have a method on how to clear your mind." He said.

"Oh yeah, and what's that?" I asked again not caring for the conversation.

Except he caught my full attention when he suddenly moved in front of me. All the alarms in my head went off. He towered over me, his easy going smile turning into something sinister. I felt my heart start gunning as he wrapped his fingers around my wrist pulling me closer to him.

"Why not you and I go back to my place? I can clear your mind there." His voice was dark and it made my skin crawl.

"No thank you, I just want to go home." I replied trying to stay calm. If I panicked now I wasn't sure what he would do.

I tried pulling my arm back but his grip tightened causing me to wince in pain. He chuckled, leaning closer. Shit, how did I get out of this? I didn't think something like this would happen to me.

"Come on, this might be your only chance too. A girl like you doesn't get many offers, does she?" His voice was crude, but his words left a sting.

True I wasn't really any guy's first pick, but I sure as hell wasn't going to be his sex toy either.

"Fuck off!" I shouted this time successfully pushing him off of me.

I immediately turned to run, only to knock into something solid. I gasped losing my balance, but I felt a reassuring hand steady me. I wanted to scream and fight, but then I heard his voice.

"Are you okay?" Kageyama asked, and I could have collapsed into him. How was he here? Was he just now making his way back from practice?

"Sorry you had to see that man." The guy from before called out sounding normal again.

"I'll be right back." Kageyama whispered into my ear.

I looked up at him to ask what he was doing, but I froze seeing his expression. His face was contorted into something monsterous as pure rage burned behind his eyes. His brows furrowed in fury, and his lips were set in a tight frown. I hadn't ever seen someone look so furious.