Dummy Next Door - Part 1 (Kageyama)

**Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters. The plot is simply mine.

==== { 🔹👑🔹 } ====

Chapter 1

He was at it again. I could hear the thuds echoing off the board he had set up in his backyard. I sat up in bed and looked outside my window to see him. I often found him doing this for hours on end, and was amazed at his endurance. He continued to pass the volleyball back and forth increasing the speed with each pass.

I opened up my window with a smirk creeping onto my face as usual. I had lived next door to the Kageyamas for as long as I could remember. Although it wasn't until middle school that I had actually started talking to the boy next door. That was when I had caught him practicing volleyball, the sounds of the ball hitting the board loud enough to disrupt my studies.

"Kags!" I shouted, startling him and he caught the ball just as it came back.

He angrily turned towards my window and shot me a glare. I didn't care to hide my laughter, and leaned against my window ceil. Teasing him had become one of my favorite past times. His reactions were always so predictable.

"Stop doing that!" He shouted back at me.

"You would think by now you would be used to it." I shrugged.

"Well, I'm not!" He argued and turned back to start up his drills again.

"Would you like me to come over and help you practice again?" I offered.

"No way!" He barked back and I couldn't hold in the next round of laughter.

The last time I had 'helped' I had him running in circles. I purposely aimed the ball a bit too low or in the complete opposite direction he was stationed at. Seeing him get all riled up had been entertaining, but it caused all of my practicing privileges to be revoked.

"Oh come on, how am I supposed to learn if you won't let me practice?" I tease and he spun back around to face me.

"Practice with yourself!" He shouted.

"Who are you shouting at?" A new voice came from his porch.

My eyebrows rised in question as I saw a small kid with orange hair walk out and join Kageyama. This was the first time I had ever seen someone else with ice king. Was this a friend?

"Hi, nice to meet you!" I waved down towards him.

The kid looked around a bit spooked. "Who was that?"

"Up here!" I call out and his eyes meet mine. He smiled brightly back at me and waved back enthusiasticly.

"Oh hi!" His smile was kind and genuine. A surprise when I was used to Kageyama's cold stare.

"Ignor her. She's just my annoying neighbor." I heard Kags say.

"Don't be rude! Anyway, I'm Y/n, are you friends with Kageyama?" I asked.

"No way!" Kags shouted just as the short one answered, "Yeah!"

The two of them shared a look, and then began shouting at each other. I laughed at their interaction. They were definitely friends, despite what Kageyama said. Anyone who could put up with his attitude and still wanted to be around him we're definitely ones that would stick around.

"Don't mind him, Kags just pretends not to like people when really all he wants are friends." I said.

"Shut up!" Kageyama shouted up at me.