Chapter 19

Hey everybody,

I'm sooo sorry I haven't updated in forever. School has been so crazy the past week. Anyway, this is a shout out to Madilo2. She has an amazing story called My Sixth Family. Make sure you check it out. It's really good.

~Rue Varron~

Chapter 19

"Uncle Danny?" The voice didn't sound like mine, but it was. He technically isn't my real uncle. He's Kevin's best friend.

"Daddy!" Rain screeched hugging his neck tightly. Daddy? Oh my gosh, that means.

"Y-y-you're m-m-my Dad?" I wanted to deny it, but it explained everything. Why he came over every Christmas when we were younger. Why he gave me a nickname. Why he sometimes called me his favorite girl. Why he paid more attention to me than Jared. I pushed away from him and turned to Mama. "How could you? How the heck did this happen?" I yelled with so much venom they all flinched.

"It happened a few days before the wedding. It wasn't on purpose. We were drunk and it just happened." She whispered through tears. Kayden and Jared entered the room and looked at Daniel with surprise. Kayden's eyes looked like they were gonna fall out of his head and Jared looked like he was trying to remember.

"Uncle Danny?" He asked and Daniel nodded. I ran to Kayden and threw my arms around him. He seemed surprised for a moment but then I felt his arms snake around my waist.

"Why'd you do that to Kevin? Huh? I thought you loved him." I screamed into Kayden's chest. I couldn't understand. How could you cheat on someone you loved?

"Sawnah, we were drunk. She did love Kevin, but fell in love with me after they got married. Please understand, we didn't get drunk on purpose. I don't regret what happened. I love your mother, more than Kevin ever will." Daniel answered for her.

"So you just lie to us all these years and then leave us with that horrid man? Who isn't even my real father? What great parents you are, I should've just let him beat me to death." My anger flared.

"He beat you?" Mama cried. "I thought you said he didn't do anything." I knew I had to get out of here. I pulled back out of Kayden's arms.

"I love you." I whispered and ran out of the room. I ran faster than I had ever run before. Angry tears were rolling down my cheeks as I hit the concrete.

I couldn't believe Mama would ever cheat on someone. I mean I know Kevin is a jerk and she was drunk but that's not right. And before their wedding! Why did they hide it from me all these years? I could've lived with Uncle Danny and not have suffered anything.

"What is wrong with me?" I asked myself out loud. "I use to be able to fighter but now I just run away." I cried.

"Every day's the same,

she fights to find her way,

She hurts, she breaks, she hides and trys to pray."

I looked at the caller I.D. even though I knew it was Zane. Suddenly I felt regret for not trying to talk to him, so I answered.

"Hello?"

"Awnah! Has Zane been staying with you?" I recognized Rose's voice.

"No, why? Is something wrong?"

"Well, we haven't seen him for 2 days. His truck is here. The last time I saw him he was out walking into the woods...." She continued talking but I couldn't hear her because I dropped my phone. The woods. The woods, where I found Rain. All scratched up and bleeding. I quickly picked the wet phone up and ended the call and speed dialed Jared.