Chapter 20

Hey everyone. I'm sorry that it took forever to upload. Second semester seems to have it's ups and down's in different classes. Hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

~Rue Varron~

Chapter 20

(Still Zane's Point of View)

"Kevin?" My head started to pound with every step that he took closer.

"It's Mr. Ross to you Zane." He growled with a twisted smile.

"What are you doing?" I groaned as the pain increased. I never had a high tolerance for pain.

"Where's Savannah?" I brought my head down so I was looking at the floor. So this was about Awny. I heard a click and lifted my head. Oh crap, I'm so gonna die. "Answer me! Every wrong answer I'm going to let Frank take a punch at you. You might be so lucky to meet his knife." I probably did the worst thing ever but I couldn't contain my laughter.

"Your stupid sidekicks name is 'Frank'?"

"Frank?" Oh crap. Frank came in the room and pulled out a switchblade. I kept my head facing the floor but I felt the blade touch my chin and lift it to look him in the eyes. His eyes were a piercing silver with flecks of a darker gray. The outer ring was pitch black. They were hard and in complete concentration, like he was trying to block out all emotion. Frank frowned for a moment but then replaced it with a wide smile. A fake smile. What was that about? Before I could even pull back he snapped his hand up causing the blade to break through my skin.

"Gah!" I gasped at the pain. I gritted my teeth and struggled against the ropes that were holding my arms. I longed to hold my face but only got socked in the face by Kevin.

"I said to answer me." My vision blurred but I struggled to keep conscious.

"I don't know."

"Wrong answer." He punched me again but in the stomach. The breath was knocked out of me and I struggled to recover as Frank came back in front of me. "Wasn't she staying with you?"

"S-she was, but" I paused, not really wanting to explain myself, "something happened and she left. Why do you want to know?" I contained a scream as Frank's switchblade entered the top of my leg and traveled to my knee. Through all the pain I recognized the knife. It looked exactly like the one Awny had. "Holy crap!' I thought as realization came over me.

"I ask the questions here." He growled and punched me a few more times in the face, hard. "What was this something?"

"Nothing, she just wanted to leave." I answered quickly hoping he'd stop hitting me, but instead he punched me in the stomach till I started coughing up blood. The pain was excruciating and still climbing as I fought to stay awake.

"Where did that child take my son?" He demanded, spitting in my face.

"Why do you only care about Jared?" I asked back, knowing I'd get another beating for the question. He paused for a moment and just stared.

"Savannah isn't my daughter. My so called 'Best Friend' decided to 'hit it off' with my bride-to-be before the wedding. But I took care of that stupid women. She's probably in the hospital dying right now." He said with a grin. "Anyway, like I said, I ask the questions!" He yelled and Frank came back again.

"No!" I yelled as Frank made an identical cut on my other leg. I couldn't fight anymore. My vision was fading.

"NO, stay awake or I'll kill you!" I heard Kevin demand but I slipped under before I could reply.

(Frank's Point of View)

I watched as his body fell limp against the chair. I wanted to cry. I didn't want this life but if I disobeyed Kevin I'd end up like that too.