Chapter 23

Sorry it's been forever. I have such a hard time writing in Kayden's pov. :P Anyway, here is the next chapter. Again, sorry it's soo short but it's hard to keep uploading on all my stories and have long chapters.

Rue Varron

P.S. This hasn't been edited. So sorry if there are any mistakes.

Chapter 23

(Still Kayden's Point of View)

I couldn't breathe. Everytime I inhaled, I could smell Zane's blood. Every breath I took was from out of my mouth because my body froze everytime I took one through my nose. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Zane's house come into view. I knew Awnah was going full speed on the four-wheeler but somehow it lurched forward going faster when she saw the house. She skidded it to a halt on the driveway and jumped off. She snapped her fingers in his face with a panicked look.

"Zane? Zane?" His head turned slightly to look at her. I got off the four-wheeler and pulled him into a standing position but I had to hold all his weight since he was too weak to stand. "Hurry lets take him to my car."

"Shouldn't we call an ambulance?" I asked.

"We don't have time, comm'on!" She grabbed his legs and we ran to her car. She sat down and I set Zane's head on her lap and put his body in a sleeping position. I got in the car and drove as fast as I could to the hospital.

(Awnah's Point of View)

I placed my hands on the sides of Zane's face, making him open his eyes.

"Stay awake." I whispered out of relief. I thanked the heavens that Kayden was driving fast. I wasn't gonna let Zane die on my watch. Immediately when we got into the parking lot of the hospital, Kayden parked right in front of the building and picked Zane up and ran him inside. I followed yelling at the first nurse I saw.

"He needs medical attention now!" I screamed at a nurse with a bad perm and a frown that looked etched into her face.

"Right this way." We followed her to the first open room and Kayden set Zane down on the bed.

"I need Doctor Kelly to room 3." The nurse called into an intercom.

"She'll fix him up right? He's gonna be alright?" I asked the nurse.

"It's a he and Doctor Kelly is the best doctor we've got." She said as she started to clean the blood off of Zane's face. No less than 30 seconds later, Doctor Kelly and two other nurses came into the room. Doctor Kelly checked his vitals then told Kayden and I that we had to leave.

"No, I can't leave him!" I screamed pushing against him to stay in the room. One of the other nurses came over to help him. I started kicking and screaming louder till I felt arms go around my waist.

"Awnah, stop. We have to let them do their job. The minutes are ticking by and the more you fight them the more time they aren't using to save Zane." I stopped as I processed Kayden's words and realized how stupid I was acting. Zane could be dying and I was wasting time fighting with the doctor to stay with him.

"Call me as soon as I'm allowed to see him." I told Doctor Kelly. I stepped out of the room and dropped into the nearest chair. Kayden looked at me for a moment before he pulled me out of the chair and sat down, pulling me on top of him. "Hey!" I squirmed in his arms till I realized it was impossible to get out of them. I wanted to be by myself. I was so use to being by myself when I was angry. I didn't want someone to hold me and tell me everything was gonna be ok. It would be like one of those stupid cliche movies.

"Please calm down." I heard Kayden whisper in my ear. I realized how wrong I was. I wanted someone to hold me. To be the one to calm me. To tell me that everything was gonna be ok. To tell me that they loved me. I buried my head into the crook between his neck and shoulder and took in a deep breath of his scent. He smelled of berries and of his regular manly scent I could never explain.

"Why do you smell like strawberries?" I mumbled into his neck. I could feel his body shake as he laughed.

"Umm, it's my favorite shampoo, but I don't see how you're smelling strawberries when we're covered in blood." I could feel his jaw tighten on the side of my face when he said, 'blood'. I pulled back and looked at his frozen face.

"It's ok." Was all I could think of to say as I kissed up and down his tense jaw. We sat there for a long time till my neck hurt from sitting in such a weird position.

"Savannah Ross?"

"It's Awnah." I rolled my eyes at the nurse.

"Mrs. Ross from room 4D would like to speak to you."