Chapter 17

Hey everyone. Sorry for not uploading forever. I had semester finals. I got a 99% on my math exam! It was awesome! I'm soo glad finals are over. Anyways, I feel like nobody is reading my story. If you really like it please vote and comment and fan. It feels great when people comment. Even if it's only a few words. It's still nice.

Thanks,

~Rue Varron~

Chapter 17

(Awnah's Point of View)

I felt like I was in deep dark abyss. Falling farther and farther away. I could feel someone holding my hand but my arms and legs wouldn't move. I couldn't open my eyes, it was as if they were plastered shut. I wanted to scream for help but nothing came out of my mouth. I could hear the smallest murmur through the the black hole and tried to concentrate on it. My breathing slowed down as I took in a deep breath. After awhile I could slowly feel myself waking up. I knew I was because of the awful pounding going on in my head. It got worse and worse with each minute.

"Please." I heard a deep voice. It sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. Through the pounding in my head I heard a sob. "I can't believe I was so stupid." My heart stopped for a moment and then my heart rate increased. It was Kayden. I mentally pushed and my eye lids quivered as I fought for control of my body. After what seemed like hours, they fluttered open. I blinked as I took in the bright light. My body bolted forward as I hopped off the bed, ripping my hand out of Kayden's. I stopped at the door and looked at him for a minute. Our eyes met and held eye others gaze. His eyes were red and looked as if he hadn't gotten any sleep. Behind the brown there was sadness and pain. I turned around not being able to see them like that any longer. "Awnah, wait." His voice sounded husky.

"No." I said in a hard voice. "Sorry I lied to you. I only said, 'I love you' to see your reaction. I don't love you." I lied through my teeth and shoved open the door. My head was pounding horribly as I rounded the corner to head outside. 'Ugh, why does it always have to rain?' I asked myself mentally. I hesitantly stepped out into the rain and surprisingly it sent sweet pleasures through my skin. I ran through the parking lot jumping in every puddle I came to. I giggled like a little girl on Christmas as the water lapped at my jeans. I tilted my head to the sky and let the rain chase away my headache. I smiled at the rain, thanking it for taking away the pain. I jumped as I heard a honk from, surprisingly, a black Ferrari with tinted windows so I couldn't see the driver. I moved out of the way and it sped past drenching me with water. I didn't care though. I was happy to be out in the rain. I found my way to the sidewalk and slowly twirled down the sidewalk without a care in the world. After what seemed like hours I heard my phone go off. I sang along with the ring tone and then answered without looking at the caller I.D.

"Hello?" I answered cheerfully.

"Awnah where are you? You need to come back to the hospital. Kayden said you ran off and you'll never guess who I found. You need to come back.... Like right now!" He yelled anxiously.

"Umm, i-i-is K-Kayden there?" I didn't want to see him. I didn't want to talk to him. The thought of him made me want to cry. Remembering myself lying to him made my heart ache, but he didn't care. He didn't love me.

He didn't answer for a minute. I could hear whispering in the background. "No he's not here. He left trying to find you." Why would he try and find me?

"Ok. I'll be there in a little bit." I shut the phone and deposited it in my back pocket and ran a couple blocks to the school. I got into the BMW and shivered as I turned on the car. I decided to take a detour and go home and change. I saw Kayden's jeep in the parking lot and panicked. "No," I told myself out loud, "just go to the apartment, change and leave." I nodded to myself and got out, quietly closing the door to my car. I got into the apartment without running into Kayden, thankfully, and decided to take a shower. I smiled at the candy-like smell of my shampoo and rinsed out my hair. The water relaxed me and I stepped out of the shower feeling clean and refreshed. I changed into black jeans and a deep green v-neck shirt that brought out my eyes. I ran a hand through my long wet hair and grabbed a sweatshirt as I made my way out. I opened the door and shut it behind me before crashing into something hard. I stepped back and looked up. My eyes widened as I saw Kayden standing before me. His white shirt was wet and clung to his muscled stomach giving me bad thoughts. I tossed them to the back of my head and avoided his eyes.