Chapter 3

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a great Christmas. Sorry for any spelling error's. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy. Don't forget:

Comment

Vote

Fan

Chapter 3

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->

I grabbed a long sleeve shirt and quickly put it on over my soaked t-shirt before slowly opening the door and found Jared leaning up against the door frame smiling at me. His smile dropped as he took in my appearance. He put his hand up against my cheek and lightly placed his thumb over the bruise. I took in a sharp breath and he dropped his hand. I pulled him into my room and led him over to my desk as I plopped down into my chair and began to write a fake explanation. He put his hand over mine and stopped me from writing more. I looked up to see him shaking his head. He took the pen from me and wrote something down.

'I don't believe you.' I read his neat hand writing over and over and over again. I forced my eyes away from the paper to Jared's face. He raised an eyebrow, asking me what really happened. I sighed and picked up the notepad, walking over to my bed and flopping down on it. I regretted it immediately as a groan escaped my lips against my will. Jared grabbed my left hand and pulled me up off the bed. I hissed and dropped to the floor as my wrist withered in pain. Jared cocked his head to the side and kneeled down in front of me. I hugged my legs close to me and winced as my stomach ached. I froze as he grabbed my left arm gingerly with his cold hands.

He pulled my sleeve up and stared at my broken wrist in wonder. I pulled my arm out of his grip and stared at him, scared he'd find out. He lightly rubbed his thumb across my cheek again, eyes in full concentration. I shivered as he stood up taking his hand away from my cheek. I missed his cold fingers numbing my cheek. I watched as he bent back down and picked me up and set me back on the bed lightly so he wouldn't hurt me. He picked up the notepad and wrote something then showed it to me.

'Tell me what really happened.' He pulled it back, wrote something else and then gave it to me. 'Do you have more bruises?' I sighed and slowly nodded. 'Where?' He wrote. I closed my eyes and slowly pulled up my shirt reveling my stomach. I heard a sharp intake of breath and opened my eyes to look at him. Tears were flowing mutedly down his face. I moved over to him on the bed and wrapped my arms around his neck, putting my unbruised cheek on his shoulder. He slowly picked up the notepad and wrote the my most feared question. 'Who?' I shook my head not wanting to give an answer. I pushed my forehead against his shoulder so I didn't have to look at him.

He unlocked my arms from around my neck and stood up looking at me. I reluctantly met his eyes. Hurt written all over his face. He wrote something down on the notepad threw it on my bed and left the room slamming the door hard behind him. I shakily picked up the notepad and read what he wrote. 'Let me know when you're ready to actually trust me.' The words cut through me causing more pain than I felt on the outside. My whole insides burned. 'He thinks I don't trust him. Awnah, you're doing it to protect him, he can't know!' I scolded myself.

(Jared's Point of View)

She didn't trust me. My own sister didn't trust me. I loved her with all my heart, but she didn't trust me. 'I'll kill the jerk that did that to her!' I yelled internally. 'Maybe it's some secret boyfriend. No, she hates guys.' I mentally contradicted myself. After the accident she didn't trust any guys. 'Including me' I added. I picked up one of my schoolbooks off my desk and hurled it across the room making it hit the wall with a loud smack. I was about to throw another book when the door burst open. There stood Awnah in sweats and a t-shirt. Her hair was hanging loose down her left shoulder still wet from a shower. Her eyes were wide looking like she was on the brink of tears.