chapter 2: fever

♪ Walk you home - Sir Chloe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ꧁꧂~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2: Fever

Me and Levi walked through the door, all the scouts were in the cafeteria eating after an exhausting mission.

"IT'S THE CAPTAINS!" Someone yelled. Everyone turned to the door and saw me and Levi, awkwardly staring at each other.

"Marlene," Hanji walked up to me.

"Hey Ha-"

A quick hand smacked me across the face. Hanji just slapped me.

"What the fuck was that?" They looked at me, "You made me think you died!"

"Well, I'm not dead so that's good." I crossed my arms.

"Yea, thanks to me." Levi mumbled.

We both looked at each other, "Tch," at the same time.

"Marlene!" Petra walked up to me and hugged me, "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Go clean yourself up and meet me at the cafeteria." Hanji slapped my back and walked off.

"Okay."

I walked through the cold hallway, hearing the soft echo of my footsteps, and entered my office. Once I entered, I immediately ripped off my dark green cape, and threw the green fabric on to the floor. I walked over to my desk and to my horror, I found huge stacks of paperwork neatly placed on my desk. Great, I come back and in less than 24 hours I have to fill all of THIS out? Fuck. I ignored all the paperwork and turned to my bedroom, undressing myself and hurrying into the bath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mar!" Hanji waved.

"Hey," I walked over to the table.

"Where's Levi?" Hanji asked.

I looked around, "I don't know."

"Hmm, okay, come over here," They patted on the seat next to them as I sat down.

"We thought you died." Arlo said, annoyed.

"I know you did." I laughed.

"That's not something to laugh about Marlene." Petra frowned.

"Guys, guys, it's okay! I'm fine! Levi saved my ass so I am here eating with you guys now. Stop worrying," I said.

I picked up my spoon and shoveled a spoonful of porridge into my mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Levi hasn't come out of his office?" Petra asked.

"I mean, Levi IS a social reject so-" I slapped Hanji's head before they could finish their sentence.