chapter 13: I can't.

♪ I wanna be your girlfriend - girl in red

~~~~~~~~꧁꧂~~~~~~~~

chapter 13: I can't

It was morning, the sunlight creeped through my window. I reached over my bed, looking for Hanji. My hand grazed over the empty, cold sheets. I was alone. Was it also a dream?

"Hanji" I whispered

No response.

"Hanji" I said again, this time loudly.

"Yes?" Hanji peeked her head out of the bathroom.

"Oh" I sighed

"You ok?" She sat at the edge of the bed

"I'm fine." I said, "How did you know something was wrong?"

"I finished cleaning the ballroom with Moblit and when I made my way to my room, I heard you crying."

"Oh"

"I knocked on your door and you weren't answering. When I went in you were gasping and sobbing"

"Sorry for bothering you" I said

"You didn't Mar" They smiled at me, "You just had a bad dream"

"Yea" I walked past Hanji and into the bathroom.

"What was your dream about" She followed me into the bathroom.

"I don't really wanna talk about it" I whispered

"Okay that's fine" They went back to my room, I stayed in the bathroom getting ready.

"Have you had breakfast?" I walked out of the bathroom and looked at Hanji.

"Not yet" She said

"Okay then, we should go get some right now"

No response.

They pulled me back and onto my bed.

"Hanji?" I looked up at her figure hovering above me.

"Marlene" They slowly leaned above my face, centimeters apart. Until, her lips came crashing into mine.

She placed her hand on my cheek, I kissed her back. Our legs were a tangled mess, we breathed softly, her other hand on my body. My hand was wrapped around her shoulder. Tilting my head up, she deepened our kiss.