Scream

Akira could vaguely feel Levi stiffen at her words. He was speaking, but it all felt like white noise. Her wide eyes gazed up at the Titan and suddenly it was as if she was 18 again, with no choice but to pull Eren away from the monster's grasp and run, leaving their Mother behind. All she could hear was her own terrified heart beat.

She took a deep breath and steadied herself. No. Not again, never again. She gritted her teeth as the flames of her anger and determination filled her eyes. I'm stronger now.

"Kira!" She let out a hum to show she was hearing Levi's yells. He let out a sharp breath that almost sounded relieved. "Don't do anything stupid, that's an order!"

"I'll try not to."

The captain clicked his tongue in response. He supposed he couldn't ask for more than that.

He hadn't even pulled to a full stop by the time Akira had jumped off the horse and rushed to her brother's side.

Levi let out a curse as he joined them. Eren was still healing, but Akira was nearly finished. She turned to face him, and if he was anyone else, he would've flinched under her intense gaze. "Stay with them." She turned her attention to the Titan before her. "This one's mine."

Akira's eyes widened as the Titan grabbed Hannes. No! No one else!

Without thinking, she punched it and let out a scream. It went unnervingly quite for a moment before it got far to loud all at once. Hundreds of thundering footsteps heading her way.

Something had changed inside of her. Akira felt powerful in a way she had never felt before.

Everything else was frozen. Levi stood in a protective stance only for the titans to brush by him and the two teens. In the distance, he spotted Akira. Akira, who had stolen his heart. Akira, the only one in motion. She had been fighting, but now she was running. Another figure joined her, but it didn't matter. She was alive.

She was yelling, and the titans were listening. She looked irradiant. He shook his head and turned to the two teens looking onward in a similar shock.

"You two," Eren and Mikasa turned in surprise at his harsh words, "on the horse. We're retreating."

Eren blinked in shock. "what about..."

"Akira and I will be fine. Now go, that's an order!"

"Yes sir."

Levi turned to watch Akira and a Garrison regiment solider he didn't recognize approach him. She could free us all. She's the key.