Graduates

Two years flew by. Before they knew it, they were soldiers prepared for battle. Akira's hair was longer now, and was usually French braided. Her cheek bones are more defined and she is taller. She looks more like the adult she is.

She was the only one with her hood down, her black hair plastered to her face as the rain beat down on them.

Akira Jaeger was easily one of the best loved cadets on the force. She, like Mikasa, excelled at everything. After all, she had been the one to teach her how to fight. She was always the one to make sure no teammate is left behind and if anyone messes with her friends or family, they better run for the hills.

She was probably the only one who could block Annie's classic flip move [as she liked to call it]. Akira always knew how to hit the punchline perfectly. She also knew when to hold her tongue.

And to top it off, she was smart. Marco was pinning over Jean who was pinning over Mikasa who was pinning over Eren. She had pointed this out to Connie and several of the others, including Annie.

Akira was the only person who had successfully befriended Annie, even if only in the slightest. They most talked about fighting techniques and books.

219 cadets graduated that year. Akira, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin somehow had all made it into the top ten. Eren still had his heart set on the Scouts and who was Akira to stop him? She could join him, however, and that was what she planned to do.

"Hey, hey , lookie here!"

"Mr. Hannes!" Both Jaeger's exclaimed and he tossed the eldest a playful scowl.

"You're a legal adult now. I told you to call me by my first name."

Akira placed her hands on her hips. "Ha, never in a million years, old man."

"I'm not that old! Anyways, Word on the street is they let you four graduate yesterday. Either you've grown up or standards have plummeted."

"Oh yeah, you're one to talk. The corps of engineers keep their new chief in the drink?" Eren joked.

"Oi watch it." The happy expression on his face dropped. "I'm sorry if this is out of the blue, but I want you two to know that your mothers' death still haunts me."

The two Jaegers glanced at each other.
"Us too, but it wasn't your fault. You were just trying to save us. We were shooting in the dark then. But nothing like that's going to happen again. We know what we're dealing with now."