Chapter 12: Best Of Joy

I stared at him for a long moment not really knowing what to do. I could tell that, that was what he was thinking about because it was all in his face. I sighed and walked over to him wrapping my arms tightly around his body tightly.I rested my head on his shoulders, in haling the sweet smell of his cologne. I just loved doing that."Are you okay?"I asked.

He didn't move he just sighed and said."Yeah I'm fine."He said half way under his breath.

I shook my head."No your not, I can look at you and tell."He didn't say anything he just continued looking down at nothing but trees and grass. I sighed. I hated that I had to tell him that I knew about it the whole time but I knew I probably wasn't going to get anything out of him even if I got down on my knees and begged and pleaded."Is it about....Janet and Gavin?"I asked.

He jumped a little when he heard the names. He turned his head the full ninety degree so that our eyes met."How'd you know about it, I just found out about it today?"He then looked back out the window."Oh what does it matter how you found it, the problem is, I'm being accused yet, again for another crime I didn't even do. What the hell? Can't I ever get a break."

"Well, I-"

"All I did was help him, if it wasn't for me he wouldn't even be alive right now and here somebody else go again, fucking up my life, it's like I can't ever have any happiness. I just want to be able to have a life where I can love my kids and you and everybody want to steal that from me. I can't take this shit anymore. I cannot believe this is happening again."He was crying now, tears slowly rolling down his cheek. I hated seeing him cry it just touched a part of my heart that made me want to start. But I kept my poker face on."You said that you didn't trust her. I should've listened."

"I never said I didn't trust her."I said.

He rolled his eyes."Liyah, It was all on your face the first day you met that woman, and I appreciate the fact that you didn't tell me, but I know I need to start listening to your instincts. It seems like their always right, which is weird, no offence."

"I'm sorry this happened to you again, baby. I really am."I said.

"There's no need to be. I just hate to have to go through this when we have eight kids to take care of. What if something happens? I want to be there for them."

I didn't know what he meant but 'What if something happens.' my mind wondered that, then i started to think myself, what if something happens to him. What if it's something more permanent. What if it's worst then the scar that was left on his heart from the first time."Baby, you know what ever happens I will always be there for you, no matter what."

He lifted his arm and wrapped it around my neck, hugging me."I know Liyah, I know."

I hugged him back."And can you promis-"

"I promise Liyah, that I will not do what I did the last time to you, I saw what that did to you, it was like you were the one who also was being accused. Then on top of that you were pregnant. I can't hurt you like that again, that was one of the reason's why we had the problems we had afterwards."

"That is true, but it wasn't your fault fully, it was mine to."

"How?"He asked."All you did was care about me, and put up with my shit and I drove you away."

"Okay first of all, stop cursing, if I can't do it, then you can't."I said sounding like I would if I was getting on to one of the kids."And second of all I was to caught up in what I was trying to do that I didn't realize you was having problems. So it was half way mine."

"it doesn't matter, the fact of the matter is, I'm in trouble again and the first time it messed up my career, our marriage. it just messed everything up and I'm so-"

I pressed my lips up against him."Shh..Michael."I said softly, mocking the thing he would do when he didn't want to hear me go on and on about something."Your innocent, you know that and right now all their doing is investigating there is no definite fact that you did it or not. So you maybe still okay. We just have to keep our faith in God and in each other and we'll get through this, I promise you."

He hugged me tighter."I'm so sorry I have to keep putting you through this, your a good woman you don't need to be dealing with the things I have to go through, but your there for me everyday and I just, can't believe God gave me someone like you, you could've gone off to be with somebody else but you stayed with me through thick and thin."

"I'm your wife, that is what I'm suppose to do, i can't leave you out in the cold while people are knocking you down and treating you like sh-"

"Liyah.."

"Crap!" I said."Crap. I've loved you for all these years even when we divorced and that is something I will never stop doing even when die. I will always love you."

He removed the pieces of my hair from my face and smiling into my green eyes."And that is exactly why your the only one I trust In this world, besides Mom, and Liz. But they don't live with me and I don't know them as well as I know you, and I haven't seen them naked before."He chuckled.

I laughed."This is no time to be cracking Jokes."I said.

He nodded."I know, I know. But you always take away my worries and pain, just by sitting here listening."

I nodded."Mmmhmm."

"i love what you have one."He said, with a mischievous smile plastered on his face.

"Mmmmhmmm, if you love a yellow shirt and some white jeans then you'll love what I just got for the other day when I was with Kiara."

He raised and eyebrow at me."Oh Lord, you were with Kiara? This ought to be interesting."

"You damn right it is."I said. As I kissed him."You wait in here. I'll be back."I pulled away from his hug and headed in the bathroom. Although he was possibly about to go through his second false trial allegations. I still wanted to let him know I was there for him no matter what. And that's exactly what I did that night, I showed him that I was his woman, and he was my man. No matter what happened to us. No matter how much we ended up going down the wrong path, no matter how much we argued. I was going to be there. That was part of My life. If something happened to him I wouldn't be complete there would be a hole left where he used to be. And I knew I probably wouldn't have nobody else who loved me the he did. I knew a long time ago that Michael and I were meant to be together. And no one, not even Joseph or Susanne could have taken that from us. The love we had for each other was there before we even go together. I had the Best of Joy and he had it to. And nothing or no one could take that Joy from us.

_____________________________________________

End of Part One.