Chapter 25:What and Why

I was standing in the kitchen cooking when Michael walked in, he placed his hat on the table and his keys on the hook next to mine."Hey."He said  in a dull tone, he kissed me on my cheek and that didn't even feel the same. He hadn't slept in nights, and I had hell trying to get him to eat in anything."What's for dinner?"

"We're having Mexican food tonight, your favorite."I said, giving him a cheeky smile.

He looked down at the skillet."Okay."He said.

"Are you actually going to eat tonight?"I asked.

"I was planning on it, but I'm sure your going to make me like you did last night and the night before that."

"Well, you just can't not eat anything, especially if your doing all that dancing, I swear the next time you collapse or some crap like that I'm just going to let-"He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my lips.

"Ssh Liyah, I'll be fine."He said

I rolled my eyes."No you wont, and I hope you know that don't work on me anymore."

He shrugged."Yeah I've noticed it didn't."He let his hand fall down to my butt and then he kissed me on my forehead."Does that work."

I couldn't help but smile."It does a little but your still going to eat tonight."

"Damn."

I laughed.

I felt the baby move inside me and I placed my hand over my stomach.Michael looked at me with a confused expression on his face."Liyah."He said."Are you okay."

I nodded."Yeah I-"Then it moved again this time with a really strong force. I bent over holding on to my stomach.

"Liayh, what's wrong?"HE was bending over, moving my hair out of my face.

"I have to tell you something."I said

"What?"

I stood up and straight and took his hand."I'm pregnant."

His eyes widened."You are?"He asked as if that was so hard to believe."I don't know what to say."he said.

"I know, but it's true, it's obviously trying to reposition it's self."

"This is not the kind of time I would want you to get pregnant." he said as he sat down in the chair.

"I know, I said the same thing, but it is what it is."I said as I walked over to him and sat on his lap.

"What's up with you getting pregnant at dark times?"He asked.

I gave him a confused look."What do you mean?"

"When you got pregnant with Alyssa, we were going through the first trial when you got pregnant with the twins we were having problem with our marriage, now I'm going through this again and your pregnant, what the hell?"

I shrugged."I don't know, I guess my eggs are more active when we're going through something."

He gave me a bitter laugh."Funny."

"Look all I know is we can't stay in here, so we're gonna have to buy a new house this one is entirely too small."

"You have a point there."

"Don't I always."

He smirked at me."Well we'll have to move quick, I don't know when this court date is going to be set."

"Speaking of court date."I said as I stood up and walked back behind the stove to turn it off."How-"

"I don't want to talk about it."He said before I could even ask.

"You didn't even know what I was going to ask."I said.

"But I know it's gonna be about the court thing today, and I don't want to talk about it. I Plead not guilty that's all you need to know."

I put my hands on my his."Well I know you didn't plea guilty, but did the judge get on to you about being late?"I asked.

"What do you think?"he asked sarcastically.

"You probably tuned him out anyway."I said.

"How'd you know."

"Because I'm your wife, that's what I do."I said giving him a smile.

He chuckled."Yeah well you have rubbed off on me over the years."

I laughed and nodded my head.

"Oh here."He said handing me a small box with white ribbon tied on it.

"What's this?"I asked

"It's your birthday present, I know I'm some days late but it's not every day you turn forty six."He said giving me a smile.

I rolled my eyes"Don't remind me, I'm getting old."I said.

"Yeah older and wiser, and your still beautiful."

"Aww."I said as I removed the top, inside was a heart shaped locket with our initials engraved on it, I opened it and on one side was a picture of Michael and I when we got married and on the other was a picture of our whole family."Oh My God I love it."

"It's custom made."He said."But Now we have to take that picture out and replace it with another one."

I nodded."true but that wont be for some months."Handed it to him and pulled my hair back so he could put it on me. After he did i turned around and hugged him and have him a kiss."I love you."

"I love you more."

Alyssa's POV

Daddy had to go to court? He had to plea not guilty? What did he do? This isn't making any sense to me, why do mom have to force him to eat every night? What trial they have to go through when she was pregnant with me? What is going on?