Chapter 10: Not Again

(Five Months Later)

DCFS dropped the issue months ago, I guess what Gavin, Star, and Gavin said actually go to them. But I can't help but to shake the feeling I have, right now I don't know what is I just know it's there and it wont go away. I just try to ignore it, maybe I'm just overreacting right? I hope so. Anyways I went around my office picking up a few things for work the next day. I could here the kids playing in the room down the hallway, It had rained all week so I wouldn't let the go outside until the ground had completely dried up and it wasn't so humid out. Because the girls hair frizzes up to badly and I had enough trouble trying to do all of their hair.

Right when i placed the stack of papers in a Manila folder and placed it on my desk and was about to leave my office for the rest of the day the phone ringed. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Can I ever get a break? I asked myself as I walked back to my desk and pressed the answer button and put the phone on speaker."This is the Aaliyah Jackson, how may I help you?"I asked. Usually when someone called my office phone it was only work purposes, we had three different lines in the house. One for Michael, One for me, and one for the whole house. That way we could keep it separate and more organized.

"Hey, Mrs Jackson this is Tom."I heard Thomas's voice over the phone. Tom and I had been keeping in touch about the documentary and Gavin and his family, I told him to call me anytime he had some new information. Simply because, I still didn't trust Janet, there was just something.....off about her.

I sat down in my huge leather chair."What is it?"I asked, ready for him to give me some news.

"Didn't you and Michael go on vacation with the kids earlier this year?"He asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Did, Gavin and his family go with?"He asked.

My facial expression became confused."No, but they was, Janet cancelled at the last minute, why what's going on?"

"Okay, Mrs. Jackson, just don't freak out."He said.

I made a look."Tom, I can handle it."I assured him

He sighed."Okay, well Janet went to an attorney by the name of Bill Dickermen to discuss some legal action against Bashir, She's now saying that Michael may have touched Gavin and now she has a child psychologist involved by the name of Stan Katz, He told the counties sheriff investigator Paul Zelis."I sat there frozen in my chair as If I couldn't move at all, as if someone had chained invisible chains around me.

"W-what do you mean?"I croaked.

"I mean that Michael is being charged again with molestation."

In that instant my vision blurred and I realized I had tears coming from my eyes. I knew there was something wrong with that woman."This doesn't make any sense, they said he didn't do anything and he didn't"I said.

"Look, I'm just as confused as you are, but she's coming back saying he did."

"After five months?"

"I guess so."

I sighed."What am I going to tell him?"I asked. Burying my face in my hands.

"Where is he now?"he asked.

"At the studio, working on an album."I said, Michael was working on his last album Number Ones and had been working on it for the past month.

"Do you want me to tell him?"

I thought about it for a moment."I don't know, maybe I should."

"No, I know this is hard for you."He said, and he was right it was. Michael had no idea about anything that had been going on and for me to come out and say,  ' Hey baby how was your day, you want me to massage your shoulders or something? Oh nothing has been going on other then the fact that Janet is accusing you off molestation! so what do you want to eat tonight?' that was not an easy topic to get on, especially since we had been through it before.

"Your right it is, you can tell him, I don't want to do it."I said.

"Mom, are you okay?"Alyssa walked in the office, or maybe she had been standing there beofre she said anything, I did close the door, didn't I?

I realized I never whipped my tears away."Umm, yeah i'm fine, just go back to your brother and sisters I'll be there in a minute."i hated lying to my kids, simply because they were just like Michael and they knew exactly when I'm, lying.

She raised her eyebrow at me, the same way i would if I didn't believe someone else lie.She sighed."Okay."she turned and walked out of the room.

"Tom, your still there?"I asked.

"Yeah, I'm here, listen I'll call and tell him to stop by my office when he's on his way home, he may be home a little late."

i nodded."Okay."

"I'll keep you informed."

"Alright."I said quietly."

After hanging up I laid my head on the desk and started crying, I didn't want this to happen but I knew it was going to. I couldn't believe that this was happening, Again.

__________________

Half of next Chapter will be in Alysssa's POV