Chapter 40: Strong

Alyssa's POV

" I'm sorry sir, do you have a warrant from the judge or anything," Daddy asked, sounding much like my mother." because I just can't have you question my children with out one. "

Detective Carter smiled and handed him a sheet of paper, Daddy took it and began reading thoroughly when he finished it he handed it back to him. " Okay, come on in." He said with sigh.

Just then Aunt Keisha walked in." What's going on? " she asked as she placed her hands on her hips and raising her eyebrow as high as it could go; that was something my mother would've done.

" Is this your wife? " Detective Carter asked.

"No, she's my sister in law." Daddy said.

" Oh well lets lets down to business, " He said with a smile. " I need to see your nephew, Rashad Haughton, and Alyssa, Prince Michael, Paris, Ciara, and Michael Jr."

Daddy turned to Aunt Keisha." Could you go get them out of the din please." She asked.

Aunt Keisha walked up to him." Could you please tell me what's going on," She whispered. " What if Aaliyah comes in here and sees him she's gonna have a fit! "

" I'll deal with Liyah, you just go get them if I don't do what he says it could be count against me in court."

She rolled her eyes." Okay, whatever." She said as she walked towards the din.

" I'm sorry Mr. Jackson, I know you don't want your kids to know. " Mr. Carter said.

"Know what?"

" That your a child molester." he said casually.

Daddy's mouth dropped slightly. I knew Daddy was cursing him out inside his head but he just couldn't find a way to bring them out. I knew mom would've went upside, down side, left, right, across, and horizontal his head. I found this less entertaining because she wasn't when she was suppose to be. Daddy closed his mouth and he turned towards the stair case where I was hiding.

Aunt Keisha walked in with my brothers and sisters, they all had a confused look on their faces and Paris immediately ran over to Daddy and hid behind his leg.

"Where's Alyssa?" Daddy asked.

I jumped when he said my name and realized that I was eavesdropping again.

" I don't know she wasn't in the din and she wasn't in her room." Keisha said.

Daddy glanced around the room." I don't know where she could be she's usually running around her somewhere. "

There was no use of me sitting here hiding anymore, eventually they were gonna find me and I'd be in even more trouble then I was in already. I slowly crawled from under the stair case." There she is! " Ciara yelled pointing at me.

Daddy looked down at me." What were you...." He let his sentence trial." Oh never mind." He said realizing what I was doing.

Keisha walked up to me and smoothed my edges. " Rashad is in the kitchen you can talk to him now if you want." she said.

" Actually I would like to talk to all of them. " he said.

Daddy and Aunt Keisha exchanged glances. " Okay." he said as he took Paris by the hand and headed back towards the din. When we got in there we all sat down on the couch and Daddy took Mariah and Blanket out of the room.

Detective Carter took out a clip board and began writing something down he looked up at us and smiles, she was a short man with caramel colored skin, almost like my mothers only a little more golden looking. She had a short beard he looked like he hadn't shaved in about two weeks, unlike my dad who did just about every day. On both sides of cheeks he had dimples but you could hardly see them because they was surround by his fat cheeks. " Okay how are you guys doing today? " He asked.