Chapter Nine

Jack's POV

This was her test, I thought she would be good. But I guess in this family no one is. She's just like her mother. Her rotten mother. And she's going to end up like her too. 

I sit on my lonesome couch, the daylight streaming through the curtains and burning my already fiery eyes. I place my hand on my head to keep from the already raging head ache I have from increasing with pain. I sip the cold vodka in my hand trying to make the pain go away. It wouldn't. I've tried this so many times, but as much as I drown myself in alcohol the pain always comes back. It always hurts ten times more. 

I stand up but I wobble for a while as regain my balance I take a deep breath, the pain in my ankle increases due to slamming it on a stair. A huge bruise is left there as a gift to her stupidity. I walk up my wood stairs and reach the top where my door stays. I walk into my bed rooms, my Nick knacks lay around the room. The small Devon doll that I keep is on the floor with a knife in it; a note taped to the handle. 

Bring her to me...

The note read and my heart rate increased with excitement. I grab my black suit out of the closet. I slip it on myself and tie a black tie onto me. I fix my hair form this mess to something a little better. I place a black Fedora on the top of my head. I look at myself in the mirror and smile. You have to look good for a good day. 

I walk out of my room and down the stairs. I turn into my kitchen and grab a couple of energy bars out of the cupboard. I walk into my backyard and over to the small cellar doors that stay at the side of my house hidden. I open the doors and slowly walk down the stairs. I hear a little scuttle and it makes me smile. To know that she's afraid of me always gives me a little jolt. 

I get to the bottom of the stairs and I see a mess of a woman. He clothing sags on her body. He hair a tangled greasy mess and her face covered in dirt. "Hello, Jack." 

"Angelee." I look at her for a moment, I scold myself for pitying her for even the slightest moment, she deserved this. She never was someone that would listen. Just like her good for nothing daughter. 

"D-did you bring me something to e-eat?" She stammers as she asks. Afraid of me yelling at her. Lucky for her I'm in a good mood. I toss the two energy bars at her and she scuttles to get them. She's at the point that even plastic rappers taste good. I laugh at her and she glares at me. 

"I'd just like to give you updates." She looked up at me as she ate. "She didn't listen." 

"You can't force her to do that! She's just a girl!" She yells at me trying to stand up but her knees give out on her and she's back to the ground. 

"She's not just a girl! She's a woman! She should know better!" I calm myself down. "He gave me the order." She starts to cry a little. "We both knew this would happen someday!" 

"S-she's just a girl."

"No! She's not! Stop saying that!" She backs into her corner a little; scared of me. "I have to. I'm still trying to get on his good side. Ever since I couldn't turn you in..." I look at the tears streaming down her face. I enjoyed it, but at the same time I felt like I should've never done this.  

I look at her another moment, then I leave. I lock the doors again. I breath in and out again trying to keep my thoughts from exploding but this hangover isn't any help towards it. I walk around my house and to my small car in front. I hop in and take a deep breath. Let's just hope I can drive today..

I drive down a twisting road down by the river... Or is that the ocean..? I come to a giant warehouse in search for Kevin. A man whom controls the lot of us. A man who torments everyone.. Who has schemes everywhere around the world and, if I can say, he is the most powerful man on earth. 

I park in front of the warehouse and try to keep my breathing steady.. But my heart rate has already increased to the maximum I feel it might explode. I get out of my car and start walking to the door of the warehouse. Kevin stood in the middle waiting for me... He knew I was coming.. He knows everything.

"I need the girl." He said to me in his shakey voice. He knows what he does are risks... But he's crazy enough to take them. 

"I know. And she will come. But I know what you did." A little girl walks out of the door and I instantly recognized her. Caleb's little sister. 

"I do what I have to." He says to me with a half smile.

"You know these girls will be the end of this operation of yours." I say to him with a smile."I know what they're capable of." 

"I doubt that.. There's so much more about them that you don't know." We keep eye contact for a while with an evil pain between us. "You go keep that little girl occupied. Get her to tell you more. Even if she doesn't know. Make her tell you everything." I look at him one last time as he smiles even wider knowing that if this fails he'll get the pleasure of killing me. 

I walk into a small room and the little girl stares at me. I take her hand and I lead her to a small chair where I bend down in front of her to make eye contact. 

"Alright. Let's get this over with."