Chapter Ten

Caleb’s POV

I've caught myself in a horrible dream. Those kinds of dreams where you feel like you might just die. Those kinds of dreams that are so realistic you think that they might come and encase you in the nightmarish land. The problem with this dream is that it's not a dream, this horrible nightmare is reality. A horrible reality that I would have never chosen to be a part of. My reality is this: The people are taking away my free will, they are forcing me to do things for them that I would have never done if my family wasn't at risk. When these people don't get their way, they get back at you, hard. They don't play fair and, well, I wouldn't expect them to. But these people want me to do their dirty work for them. 

Not now; not ever. 

I will never do anything for this person ever again. I will never do this persons bidding for him. This is it. When people go out for my family, they might as well be dead. 

Tears fall down my face as I stand ice still. Someone comes down the stairs and I’m forced to turn my head. It’s just An. I run to him and wipe the tears from his face. A small cut bleeds from his soft cheek. Someone hurt my brother too. I quickly go over everything in my mind. 

“Where’s Lou?” I ask him he’s shaking from everything. He’s so stunned.

“They took her. They took Kat! Lou tried to stop them! He tried!” He yells at me with the tears falling from his face even more now. I give him a hug, his heart is racing. I can’t take all of this in enough. I need to register everything so that I can help them. So I can get Kat back. 

“Who took her? Where’s Lou? Andriovich answer me now!” I yell at him again but he doesn’t answer. He can’t the shock of everything makes it hard to speak. More tears run down his cheeks and I encase him in a tighter hug.

“I’m up here!” I hear Louis yell from upstairs. His voice is shill and he starts to cough again. Ainsley and I race upstairs leaving Devon to comfort Andriovich. We walk down the small hall and I see him, lying on the floor with cuts all over him. Tears spilling from his eyes. Bruises everywhere noticeable. I fall to the ground with Ainsley to comfort him. She lifts his head onto her legs for support. I look over him to see where the worst of the blows are. I see the tears in his eyes as I run my hand over a wound that lies under his left eye. 

“What happened? Tell me everything!” I shout at him with same amount of tears coming out of my eyes. Wiping them away to grab the first aid kit for a moment. I pull out what I need and lift off his shirt to see the worst. He has a gash under his ribs. I take a breath in and I wipe the tears from my eyes. I pull out the Hydrogen peroxide and dab some on with a wash cloth. I barely can breathe preforming these actions. Fixing his wounds leave me with the worst pain. 

“They came in,” he tells me wincing from the Hydrogen Peroxide solution. 

“Who’s they?” I ask him trying to keep the tears in while cleaning off the worst cut. 

“I don’t know. They wore masks and black.” He tells me and screams from the next cut. “They came in and put a letter on the mantle.” He tells me and I jump up. I run down the stairs, tripping on every possible surface that surrounds me. I run past my brother who still is crying. He's telling Devon everything that went on, which is more than I would ever get out of anyone.  I play the day over and over. Maybe they know, we knew at some point they would find out. But they should've hurt me, taken me, not my sister. I run to the living room  On the mantle is a small letter marked ‘Girls’. 

We know that the heart you have given us is, in fact, a pigs heart. We know that you were to shy or stupid to attempt to get a real human heart. Therefore we will make a deal, you must bring us a HUMAN heart by tomorrow night in the same spot or we will take your sisters heart for our own.