Chapter 13

Ainsley

The look of horror on Devyn's face overwhelms us all. What is he doing here? Didn't take everything out on us already? Doesn't he know that we know he's apart of them? 

The look on Kat's face is what gets the rest of us. Louis holds his sister as she silently cries in his arms. She doen't want to bring attention to herself but it's too late. He knows where she lives. He knows that we're here. We know that he might do something to us. But we don't know what he wants. Some one has to open that door and end the agonizing torture of waiting. Waiting to know, waiting to see. That's all I want, but the temptation is growing stronger to open the door, but the feeling that I know what he hides behind that door. He hides something to either kill us or take us. He has the army for it. He has the power. Why doesn't he do it. 

I feel like I'm being pulled to the doorknob. My heart throbs as I come slightly closer to the giant magnate that let's the wretched into the house. The door that let so many people inside to hurt Caleb's family. The thing that left with the one thing that brightens up everyones day. The one girl who from now on can ever have that same look on her face, that same look that every little girl gets that shows how happy she is. She'll never be the same. We can all tell by the look on her face right now. The look of pur disgust and horror for one person. The one person that ended what she had of a childhood. The one person that ended what happiness she has bringing her into the fight between three girls and a large group of people that three girls could never overpower. 

I slowly walk over to the door extending my hand to the doorknob. Looking to everyone for reassurance. But I get non. Their worried looks show more than what it looks like. I can tell that inside all of them is anger, hatred and a killer waiting to leap out of the darkness and overwhelm them. A hungry tigar waiting to consume their soul and leave them as lifeless, heartless murderers. That's what keeps me from opening the door. The feeling of losing them for who they truly are to the person their soul wants them to be. They want to kill that man as much as I do, but we both know that if we do there's nothing that will keep us safe. More and more will come after us. Eventually killing us. Making us suffer and watching us as we scream. 

This will never end. It'll never get better for as long as I live. It will just keep getting worse and as it does that beast inside of me will grow stronger and finally take over. I'll become just as bad as them. Just as horrible as they want to be. 

I clasp my hand around the golden doorknob. The touch is cold and so is the persons soul on the other end. I slowly regain what is happening, I slowly regain my thoughts. Everything becomes a blurr and I open the door to see the suited man. The man trying to look presentable after almost raping my best friend. 

"Hello, Young Lady." The man says in his low voice. He smiles a shark grin and tries to step in but I stop him. 

"What do you want?" I say angrily as I look at him. I try to keep myself from ripping his eyes out of their sockets, the monster tries to escape but I hold myself back. 

"I'm here to get my daughter." He says to me keeping up the nice facade. 

"You can't take her. Not after what you did to her!" I scream at him and he smiles even more. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." He says and leans in close to my ear. "You have no evadence. You can't prove I did anything." He whispers into my ear and I can hear his victory smile with every word. 

"We still won't let you take her." I say to him."No matter what. I don't care if I don't have evidence. You. Can't. Take. Her." I say trying to make the point clear but obviously he doesn't get it. 

"I knew you would be hard." He says making a frown but still have a slight dasterdly smile behind it. A police officer comes out from behind him. 

"Miss, you're going to have to let him take his daughter." He says and Davon walks over and looks at him. 

"Devon, you're going to have to come to me." He says to her and grabs her hand. 

"I don't want to go with you!" She says as he leads her out. 

"Devon, he's your father, just go with him. Make this situation go by a lot easier." The officer tells Devon. 

Devon walks with him looking to us for help but also telling us to stay back. Not to help her because we never know what he'll do to her. She holds onto his hand with her other hand trying to make the grip loosen but it's no help. I can see how much pain she is and I can feel it myself. 

He pushes her in the car and she buckles up. He gets in the other side and smiles back to us as he drives out of the driveway. He starts driving the oposite way from their house and we all start to worry. 

"Oh god! We need to help her!" Lou yells to everyone. 

"No, you're staying here!" Caleb says as she jumps up and pulls me to the garage where they keep their mothers old van. The one that they aren't supposed to use, but they can in emergencies. Caleb doesn't care what her dad thinks anymore. He hasn't been home in almost a week and he doesn't take care of his own children. Why should she care? 

She hops into the drivers seat and I hop into the passenger side. She turns on the car and presses the button that lets the garage door open. Classical music starts to play and I can tell Caleb is trying to keep cool. That's what her mother used to play. She drives out of the driveway and out onto the street. 

We follow the street until we aren't sure where to go. They didn't leave anything that would tell us where to go. My phone starts to buzz in my pocket. It's Devon calling me. I turn down the music and Caleb parks on the side of the road. I answer. 

"Why are we going to the river?" She asks in a sort of shakey tone. She's muffled by her leg. 

"We aren't going to the river." He says to her angrily. 

"Why did we turn on a road that goes to the river that's marked with a blank white sign." She says giving us hints. 

"We're going somewhere that I'll enjoy. A little.... Warehouse." He says and we start driving again. The warehouse is the oposite way. He must have been trying to trick us. We go back to the house for a moment and grab a two bows and arrows because we both have archery licenses. This way we won't get in as much trouble. 

We head on our way again. My heart beats faster as we listen to more of their conversation. The call is cut when we hear a scream. A silent tear streams down my face as we go a little bit faster to find her.