Chapter 16

Kevin

I stroll down the hall. The white reflects off of everything. My yellow clothes suffocate me in the soft fabric. I smile to everyone I pass. I figure if I act like someone in the world that's 'normal' then I can get out faster. They won't think that I'm crazy. 

"Hello, June. Did I get any mail?" I ask her and she smiles back to me through the glass. 

"No Kevin. You didn't." She says with her sweet smile. 

"Did I get any visitors?" I ask her feeling more rage build inside of me. 

"No, Kevin, you haven't been granted permission for visitors yet. I'm sorry." She says to me with fake sadness for me. 

I look at her with anger but I keep it undercontroll. I take a gulp and look to her again. "How are you today, June?" I ask her and I try to keep my cool. 

"I'm fine, thank you Kevin." She says to me. I nod to her and turn and start to walk away. 

"Oh, is the paper on yet?" I ask her and she nods. I walk over to the computers. No keyboard, no mouse pad, no mouse. They don't want us to hurt ourselves. They installed a roll mouse into the table so that we can scroll through the newspaper. 

I look through it. Nothing comes of interest. Nothing comes to me as interesting. I scroll more. I see something that catches my eyes. A article about those girls. Devon, mostly. I read through it. 

Devon Manchester a girl from a small town in Kansas was let out of the towns hospital today after being put in urgent care for wounds from a kidnapping just three months ago. 

She had a large wound to the head caused from an animal, what they think is a wolf. She had deep flesh wounds all over her back from what looks to be a whip. She had a large wound in her ankle from an animal bite and her bone was pierced by his teeth where the doctors had to replace the bone. Her ear drums exploded from a loud noise and only recently became better.

The young girls friends, Caleb Enswer and Ainsley Becom, went around  town asking for everyones help to pay for the hospital bill of her friend. They got 20,000 dollars from three months of fundraisers.

The police ask for any information about the recently housed man Kevin Endersmith. Who knew him, where have you seen him, and what you saw him doing.

Keep Devon in your prayers.

He finished the artical with a giggle. That poor girl! She doesn't know what's she has in for her and her friends. This isn't over, it's just begun. I think to myself then I think back to before I came back here. 

The smell of her blood trickling on the cement in the warehouse. I felt a horrible jolt of adrenalin when she screamed to me. Not to stab her in the heart and tear it out of her chest and hold it in my hand for everyone to see. Not to hold her heart in the palm of my hand and watch the blood fall down from my hand and land on the cold pavement. Not to watch her take her last strangled breath.  Not to watch her shutter in my grip. Not to hear her try to scream but only get out a strangled cry. 

I take a breath in. 

I just wanted to watch her suffer in my arms. Slowly die with blood falling from her lifeless body. 

I start to uncontrollably giggle at my own thoughts. People stare at me but I shrug them off.

I think about the before she came. I prepared my men harshly. They told me she was only a little girl. That we should wait until the police were on our tail and we should wait to kill her. 

"We have people in the police! One of the police officers are giving her to her 'Father' Right now!" I yelled to them. "We have to do this now! Our men will make sure the police don't find us and if they do then you hide! Remember the plan? If I get caught you come and get me out!" I yelled to them even more so. "I'll make sure that the people inside don't see my and you make sure that they let you in to see me." 

They all nodded I went back to my place. Feeling hot knife in my pocket. I couldn't breath. Even I get excited. I couldn't wait for the smell of warm blood on the cement. I could wait to feel her warm organs inside her bloody skin. 

Before that there was a meeting. We all had gotten together to discus what was going on. I told them the plan if I were to get caught. I told them when to get Tassa ready, to get Mercilus ready with the whip. I knew exactly how this was going to be planned out. I'm always one step ahead of those stupid girls. This all is apart of the plan. 

All those memories keep me from really thinking. While I remembered everything I walked to the couch. I sat there with a smile stretched across my face. When I finally snapped out of it I saw my assistant in front of me. 

"Hello, Anna."I say to her with grin. "How are you today?" I ask her to hope that she has some good news that I need to know. 

"I'm good, Kevin." She says to me.  Her grin is so beautiful. When I get out the first thing I'm going to do is take her as my own. Certainly no one would miss her if I get her to write a letter saying she's leaving to a different state to I've with her true love. She'l understand why I am going to take her. She's the only one that really gets me. She'll be better off with me anyway. She won't have to deal with all the wretched people here. "Well, I was just informed that you have permission for visitors." She says with a happy tone of voice. 

"Oh, thank you for that information." I say and stand up. I take her hand in mine and kiss the top of it softly. She giggles. 

"Oh, Kevin! Stop being such a flirt!" She says and smiles at me. "Go to your room and I'll head out to get your friend." She says to me and I walk away. I walk down the white hall and into my white room and sit on my white and yellow bed. They say that white is purity and truth. And the yellow is easy-going. 

I hear a knock on the door. "Come in!" I say with a grin. I know who this is. I know what they want. I hear the door open slowly. "Hello, Caleb." I say to her. And I grin wider. Almost like a shark. She looks at me through angry eyes. 

"Hello.... Kevin." She says through gritted teeth. I look at my hand, a scar sits in the place where she struck her arrow through. I get angry. 

Breathe. I can't show any anger. They might want to put me under MORE servalience. I can't let that happen. "It's wonderful to see you again. How's everything going for you?" I ask her and she sighs and sits down. 

"It's going well. Devon got out of the hospital. She's fine, but you wouldn't want to know that. But the one thing," She says leaning forward in her chair. "That I need to know is who's working with you?" She asks me and I giggle. "What's so funny? You know you're not getting out of here." She says to me and I playfully roll my eyes.

"You sure about that?" I ask her with my brow raised. She sits back in her chair. 

"What do you have planned?" She asks me and I laugh. A genuine laugh. I haven't laughed since I watched my father get murdered right in front of me. I mean, it was by my very own hands, I wonder if he's still in that grave I dug...

"Well, once you leave there's a Bingo session. I think I might partake in that!" I say to her with a smile making sure that she doesn't get on my trail. She looks at me with suspicion. 

"Fine. Don't tell me. But that's your fault. Something might happen to make your plan not work." She says to me and I giggle loudly. 

"No... No no no! You're not going to do anything and if you do then the people who work here wouldn't let it happen. They think I'm good!" I say to her. She goes crazy from what I say. 

"Well, I should go. I know enough." She says and gets up and walks to the door. "Goodbye, Kevin!" She says to me with a cheery mood. 

Exactly what I wanted it to be like. Exactly what I saw. 

I hear another knock on the door. It has been five minutes since she left. Who could be here. "Come in!" I shout thorugh the door. Two men come in. Mercilus and Andilus. The two brothers that are here to help me escape. 

I smile widely at them and stand up getting ready to leave. Finally. I'll be back to work.