Chapter 14

Location: Victoria 

Still suffering a bit from the flashbang, Seraph has to wear his backup glasses as he looks at his saviors.

Mostima: The effects of the flashbang will wear-off eventually, so just rest up a bit okay?

Seraph: Thanks.... Anyway, who are you?

Mostima: The name's Mostoma. I'm one of the employees from Penguin Logistics sent to receive you, nice to meet you.

After introducing herself, Seraph examines Mostima. He could tell that she's a Sankta, but what stands out to him was the horns and tail of a Sarkaz. 

Seraph Thoughts: Could she be a fallen Sankta?

Seraph: Yeah, nice to meet you too I suppose...

Mostima: You feel alright now?

Seraph: A bit, my eyes still stings but I'll manage it...

Mostima: If you say so, anyway, follow me the others are waiting and you might need this.

Mostima then tosses Seraph an R.L issue trench coat to replace his burnt one.

Seraph: Thanks...

Mostima walked out of the room with Seraph following after her. Seraph examines his surroundings to find himself in a hotel. The two made their way to the hotel lobby where Texas and Exusiai. 

Exusiai: Ah! You're alright! I was worried a bit.

Seraph: Worry?

Exusiai: Oh, uhhh... The flashbang, I accidentally use the one that bangs nine times on you. Hehe... So sorry!

Seraph gave Exusiai a deadpan stare as she laughs nervously. 

Exusiai: I-It was an accident I'm sorry! I'll make it up to you with apple pie later!

Seraph closes his eyes as he inhales before exhaling as he reopens his opens his eyes before responding.

Seraph: I accept your apology.

Exusiai: Cool! Also, you look cute in those glasses!

Exusiai commented, causing Seraph to blush.

Seraph: T-Thanks...

Texas: *AHEM*

Texas clears her throat, catching the two's attention.

Mostima: Heh, looks like they're friends already, Texas.

Texas sighed as she smokes her cigarette.

Texas: Well, looks like you're fine. Sorry about leaving you behind earlier. As you already know. I'm Texas, and that's Exusiai. We were hired by Rhodes Island to escort you to them.

Seraph: Oh right, I was supposed to go to Rhodes Island before I... Uhh...

Mostima: You were supposed to be at Rhodes Island? Then how did you end up in Victoria?

Seraph: It's a long story...

Seraph rubs the back of his head embarrass, remembering his journey from home to now.

Texas: Right well, we should probably start leaving Victoria now. Currently, a lot of people are looking for you ever since your big performance at the capital when you cured that girl of her Oripathy. 

Exusiai: Oh right! How did you do that anyway? I've never seen nor heard of someone that simply uses Arts to cure someone from Oripathy before.