Chapter 22

W: ......What?

The trigger-happy Sarkaz spoke up first, dumbfounded by the Winnower's introduction. Neither less, the same can't say for both Patriot and Frostnova, still at the edge with their weapons at the ready. It also doesn't help that the Reunion troops were talking among themselves with phobia when witnessed the Winnower.

Reunion Soldier 1: Our salvation? What the hell is that thing talking about?!

Reunion Soldier 2: I don't know man but I'm outta here!

A Reunion Soldier stated with fear, attempting to leave only to be blocked by the heavily black mist. 

Winnower: I'm afraid none of you can leave yet. There is much to talk. And I have listened. Through dust and echoes. Now I shall talk, and you shall listen. 

W: Alright, are you going to do anything about your buddy-buddy?

W pointed out, getting a questionable hmm from the Winnower as it looks back to see Seraph frozen as a statue. 

Winnower: Oh, him? Don't worry about him. If he can be able to cure this "Oripathy" I have no doubts he'll be able to pass the trial. 

Frostnova: Trial?

Winnower: Hmm, how do I put it like this... consider that he'll be my disciple temporarily. It would be grateful of me to lead him some of my... "lessons" if you know what I mean. After all, knowledge is power.

W: Hold on just a minute! What do you mean he can "cure" Oripathy?!

Screamed W, not believing what she just heard from the anomaly. 

Winnower: Why not ask your dear leader for an answer? 

Consider the Winnower, causing everyone in the Reunion to look to their leader.

Talulah: It's true, but all of you have to understand, this person cured my Oripathy and saved me from the person that has been haunting me for my entire life.

True to Talulah's words, when she rolls up her sleeves, the black crystals that were supposed to be there weren't, completely gone. Those who saw it were shocked; They can't believe their eyes that their leader is no longer infected. 

W: No fucking way...

Frostnova: So it was telling the truth after all.... 

Both W and Frostnova comment with shock, still looking for any signs of Oripathy only for there to be none. Patriot on the other hand was curious about Talulah's savior, standing in front of the frozen Seraph, observing before turning his attention towards the Winnower.

Patriot: Tell us... how did the boy gain such miracle?

Winnower: I'm afraid you asked the question to the wrong person.

Talulah: Wait, there's another?

Talulah spoke up, hearing what the Winnower said just now.

Winnower: Indeed, such a shame tho. I'm starting to miss her presence surprisingly. 

The Winnower surprisingly say with a sigh. If Seraph was unfrozen by now he'll have a "excuse me?" expression on his face. 

Frostnova: Did something between the two of you?

Winnower: How would I put it like this... lets say that things had gotten.... "Out of hand".

Reunion Soldier 3: Uhhhh, how "Out of hand" are we talking about?