Fourth year

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts." Here we go again.

As usual, I sat next to my only friend in Slytherin, Severus Snape and was quiet the entire time that Dumbledore was talking.

"I can't believe you still wear that." Severus rolled his eyes and pointed at my necklace and ring.

"It was a gift, Sev. Get over it. They're my friends, not yours. I don't see how this affects you" I shrugged and watched the Sorting Ceremony.

"Regulus Black" I looked at Sirius who tensed up slightly and gave an assuring smile at his brother.

The hat took a while with him and I could see that both Blacks were tense.

"SLYTHERIN!" Regulus gave a sigh of relief and I pushed a couple of people next to me so that Regulus has a place to sit.

I looked over at Sirius who was a bit disappointed but looked relaxed when he saw that Regulus sat down next to me.

"I'll take care of him." I mouthed.

"Thank you." He mouthed back smiling. I smiled back and put my arm around Regulus.

"Welcome to the snake pit, little Black. Screw your prefect, I'll be taking care of you." Regulus smiled at me.

"Thank you, Jade"

"No problem, Reg. If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me okay? Tomorrow you can give me your schedule and I'll tell you the shortest way to get to class."

"How do you know that?"

"Well staircases can get confusing and three years wandering this castle can teach you a lot of things. I also strongly suggest you don't mess with Peeves and if he's bothering you, just mention the Bloody Baron and he'll leave you alone." I looked at the Gryffindor table where Sirius was already staring at us with a small smile on his face. James must've noticed that he wasn't paying attention to him because he hit Sirius in the arm.

Regulus and I laughed at the scene at the rival table and Sev rolled his eyes and kept staring at Lily. Regulus turned to look at me and finally noticed the necklace.

"So that's the famous necklace that he begged me not to tell Mum." I nodded. "It's very pretty. It suits you, Jade."

"Thank you, Reg. You haven't told your mum right?"

"Nope. And to be fair, I don't think that she noticed. I didn't even know that necklace existed until Sirius pulled it out." He shrugged and started to eat. I shook my head laughing and started to eat also. The entire dinner, Sirius and I kept exchanging looks and every time that James noticed, he hit Sirius in the arm.

"He likes you, you know? He barely shuts up about you over the summer."

"Oh really? And what does he say about me?" I smirked at Regulus.

"A lot. But he told me that if I'm sorted into Slytherin, that I'll be in good hands because you're here to take care of me." He smiled.

"Well he's right about that. I'll take care of you Reg. I promise."

"Thank you Jade, but you don't have to worry about me." He looked at Sirius with a sad look. "You should worry about him."

"Why? I mean, I always worry about him but what happened?"

"He didn't say anything about his summer right?" I shook my head.

"No, he didn't. What happened Regulus?" I asked him concerned.

"I can't say. Not here. But you should ask him when you two are alone. Let's just say that the times that you came over, those were the happiest I've seen him." I sighed and looked at Sirius who seemed to be having the time of his life with our friends. He caught me staring at him and blushed smiling at me. James noticed once again and whacked his head and whispered something that I couldn't make out.