Mandrake

"JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH"

"NO"

I groaned and started to chase him around the courtyard. Today we were starting the process of becoming animagi and everybody had the mandrake leaf in their mouths. Everybody except James Potter. The biggest drama queen in all of Hogwarts.

"JAMES PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH. SIRIUS COME HELP ME" I yelled at the laughing boy.

"Sorry, sunshine. But this is actually entertaining." I flipped him off and tried to pin James to the floor but Remus beat me to it.

"Hurry up and put the damn thing in his mouth" we fought with a struggling James for a while until I finally managed to put the leaf in his mouth.

"This thing tastes bitter."

"You can't take it off now. It's from full moon to full moon. That will give us enough time to find a place for the vials and for me to read the next step and actually understand it." I stood up and fixed my uniform and hair. "A bit more, and I would've considered putting you in a body bind."

"You wouldn't dare!?" James gasped.

"Don't fucking test me, James" I gave him an icy glare and he flinched and decided not to say anything. I sat down next to Sirius who immediately put an arm around me. Some girls in our year were glaring at me and I laughed.

"They're staring again" I mused.

"Let them. I don't care." Sirius shrugged and looked at the necklace that I was wearing. "They're probably jealous."

"Jealous of?"

"Merlin you're dense." He laughed. "I didn't give James a precious heirloom, did I? I gave it to the best girl in the world"

"I could've gotten a family heirloom." James muttered.

"Really James? Would you like to wear it?" I laughed and moved to take off the necklace but Sirius stopped me.

"I would put you to shame, little sister. Merlin knows that diamonds bring out my eyes." He flipped his imaginary hair and posed.

"Is there something I should know? Or possibly be worried about?"

"Nope."

"Are you sure?"

"Merlin, Jade. I'm not going to steal your man if that's what your worried about." James rolled his eyes and I felt Sirius tense. I gave him a look and scooted away from Sirius and moved towards Moony.

"How are you feeling, Moony?"

"Like hell. Favorite day of the month is tonight." He rolled his eyes and put his head on my lap. He looked at the girls that were still glaring at me. "If looks could kill, you'd be dead ages ago."

"Tell me about it. I'm about to hex them honestly" I rolled my eyes and flipped the girls off.

"Do it!" Peter encouraged me.

"Merlin balls, Peter! What's gotten into you?" James exclaimed. He just shrugged and continued to read over his Herbology notes.

I decided to ignore the comment and leaned towards Sirius again. Remus' head was still in my lap and he was falling asleep. I took the book that Sirius was reading.

"Found the next step?"

"No, but if you'll give me the book maybe I can" he tried to take the book from my hands but I didn't budge. "Jade, please"

"Nope. Pay attention to me." He rolled his eyes.

"I pay more than enough attention to you, sweetheart. What more could you want?"