The start

~Sirius POV~
"What's her favorite flowers?" Lily asked James and me.

"Roses. I remember because Mum always had roses in the gardens and Didi always used to put them in her hair when we were younger." James said smiling.

"Okay, so Sirius will give her some roses when he asks her to the ball. But what about the proposal?" Lily looked at me.

"I was thinking of having rose petals scattered on the floor. What do you think?" I shrugged.

"That's perfect!" Lily said excitedly. "The girls know and they're perfectly okay with distracting her for as long as humanly possible but we all know that she can't be away from her boys for too long."

"The question is, when the hell do you plan on asking her to the ball?" Peter asked me.

"I plan doing it tonight before dinner." I smiled.

"Can we be there? I want to see her face when you pull out the roses." James said looking like a kid on Christmas. I nodded and he started to jump around.

"Calm down, James. We're still a month and a half away from the proposal and you're already more nervous than he is." Lily sat him down. "Where's Remus?"

"He's distracting Vixen as we speak. I'm going to go fill him in and then we wait until tonight." I said and looked around anxiously.

"Pads calm down. You two are meant to be together. We still have a month and a half to go." Peter said and sat down next to me.

"I just hope I'm able to give her everything she deserves." I mumbled and James sighed dramatically.

"You're an idiot, Sirius. My sister doesn't pick fights with me over anyone and yet she had the balls to call me out on my bullshit and make me see that I wasn't allowing her to be truly happy. It took me a slap to reality to notice that you make her happy. She literally can't stop smiling when she's around you and Merlin forbid someone talks shit about you because she'll raise some hell. If that's not true love, then I don't know what is." James said and smacked me in the head. "Now, grow a damn pair and let's do this."

...

"No, Marlene. I'm not singing Rasputin to the Durmstrang students." I heard Jade enter the common room and I immediately grew nervous. Lily handed me the flowers and James pushed me towards the stairs.

"Don't be nervous. It'll be okay." Lily whispered and walked down the stairs. "What's this I hear about Rasputin?"

"Jade refuses to sing with me." I heard Marlene say.

"I'm not singing Rasputin in front of the Durmstrang students! We don't even know if they're from Russia." Jade said. I looked over at the boys who shrugged.

"I'll sing with you, Marls. But not here. By the way, I need your help with something in our room." Lily said. Marlene and Lily started to walk up the stairway towards the girls dorm and looked at me.

"Good luck." They mouthed at me. I nodded and walked down the stairs.

"Hello, sunshine." I said and Jade smiled at me.

"Hey, Pads! Sorry I wasn't around, Marlene wanted me to help her annoy the Durmstrang students again." Jade laughed and sat down.

"Really? Well I think she turned out to be worse than all of us combined." I laughed and handed her the flowers and Jade looked at me in shock. "I know I'm not a romantic person or anything like that and I'm sorry for being like that. You deserve so much better."

"You know that I don't care about that, my love. I just care about being with you, romance or not." Jade laughed and took the flowers. "But they're beautiful. Thank you."