Chapter 30

(unedited)

Ray's P.O.V

She's beautiful, no stunningly , no blindingly gorgeous. I already loved her. She's perfect in every way and I'm so happy she's all mine.

Forgetting about the make up on my face; forgetting about the people surrounding us; forgetting everything all together, I quickly made my way towards my beautiful mate. She, seemingly as excited as I was, met me halfway. In our excitement, we weren't really thinking rationally. Normally when you meet a new person, you ask for their name and introduce yourself, not immediately start making out. Oh well.

Her lips tasted of sugar and molded perfectly with mine. My wolf was jumping for joy and wanted to mark and mate her that second, but of course I wasn't going to be rude. As hard as it was, I refrained myself from going that far.

I have time for that later, because she's mine forever, and forever is a long time. That reminds me, I should probably learn her name.

"But she tastes so good,"

"I know,"

Reluctantly, I pulled away and look down at my new mate.

"What's your name beautiful?" I hear someone from behind me take a sharp inhale of breath before the beauty before me blesses me with her name.

Amanda's P.O.V

Peaceful. It's a what I'm feeling right now. A simple thing that people sometimes take for granted. People do that a lot: take things for granted. If it's always there, guaranteed for a reappearance, than why appreciate it? It's like a trustworthy promise; you know it's going to happen so there's no need for further action. What if one day that trustworthy, guaranteed promise wasn't there? Like it just disappeared with no hint of coming back. Would people wish they appreciated it more? Would people be able to function without this promise since they became so accustomed to it?

In my childhood, I was obviously deprived of a lot, including being at peace. Sitting here in the magical part of the forest, laying in the green grass even though not even a couple feet away, nature was sprinkled with white cold dust. A magical straight line separates reality from a place some people think only exist in stories and our imaginations. My fingers graze the softness underneath me, relishing in the tickling sensation it was giving me.

Normally, a sky would be a light blue, but something I've learned in the past couple of weeks is that it would be fooling to expect any aspect of my life to be normal ever again. Although, my life wasn't "normal" before, so it's just a change in the realm of abnormal, or in my case, normal. This sky was almost a purple, unbelievable to everyday people unless seen with their two eyes. It was absolutely mesmerizing.

The sounds surrounding me-the crashing of waves, and chirping of morning birds-helped my mind wander about aimlessly. No specific subject in mind, just jumping around-thought to peculiar thought-like a frog in a pond leaping from Lily Pad to Lily Pad. I have no goal to reach in my thoughts, but i absentmindedly avoid anything that requires more effort and conflict than necessary.

At the moment, I'm just allowing myself to be; to feel the air wishing my hair against the ground; to breath in no specific rhythm; to love the simplicity of doing nothing and enjoying everything at the same time. Being at peace, and appreciating every second of it. Something that not everybody stops and takes a moment out of their busy day to do. Our generation is so distracted with technology and the need to be doing multiple entertaining things constantly that is nearly impossible to do nothing and enjoy it; relish in the serenity of it.

I felt the vibrations of fee toon etching with the earth before she came into my vision, and even when I saw her, it was short lived because once she was close enough, she joined me in laying down on the grass.