Chapter 13

(edited)

Conlan's P.O.V

For the second time this week, I woke up feeling satisfied and well rested. My arm was still draped across her waist, which brought her body closer to mine, but I didn't mind one bit.

I felt kind of bad for lying to Amanda about there not being any empty rooms left for use. The truth was, we have rogues come all the time, and if they were kicked out of their pack for an unjust reason, we let them join us. Therefore, the house has double the amount of space needed, which leaves plenty of rooms up for grabs. I selfishly wanted to sleep with my mate, is that a crime?

Suddenly she jolted to life, squirming under my tight grip. Amanda twisted and turned until her face was pointed towards mine. She still had her eyes closed, letting me know that Amanda was still asleep.

I took this time to examine her feature, as slalkery as that sounds. She rocked a split lip that had dried blood to the side of it from when she was sleeping. Amanda's hair was a beautiful brown with amazing texture except for the split ends that seems to have been unattended for years. Her black eye was still promenade, but slowly fading-making Amanda have just the right amount of "bad a**" to her vibe.

I noticed that about her from the first time we met. The scars and bruises on her face and body made everyone steer clear of her; making them think she would beat them up if they talked to her. She has a crooked nose, showing the previous breaking it must have been through. I love that it made the people around her so intimidated by just looking at her. She really was the definition of "bad a**".

She unconsciously shifted in her position, making my sisters shirt ride up on her. I hadn't noticed until now the bruises that were just covered by the high cut shirt. They were a dark purple, seeming pretty new-like they happened the night before. I carefully-not to wake her from her much needed sleep-grazed the outline of the bunch of skin; almost like I was attempting to feel her pain. If I could, I would endure ever hit, punch, throw, and slap that she's gotten in her lifetime. I will never ever let Amanda be in pain again; for as long as I live. That's a promise.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice she had wakened up and placed her hand on top of mine. It was a small gesture, but some how still made my heart leap. My eyes moved up to hers and saw silent tears fall to my pillow. Following her little movement, I decided to make my own.

I lean my head forward and press my lips on her cheek-tasting the salty wetness of them; kissing her tears away. Our first kiss of many. Her eyes widened slightly when I pulled away. I know she feels the growth of our bond, and I feel it too. Now it's going to be even harder to resist, but I'll try. Anything for my angel.

With the arm that wasn't under my covers, I pulled her into a much-needed hug for the both of us. We just stayed silent for a little bit, letting things settle in the air. It was a nice change of pace; no need for talking. Just listening to each other breathing while holding one another close.

Amanda's P.O.V

I feel his hands touch my stomach-grazing one of my various bruises. This one was newer and I expected pain to shoot through my body from the contact, but surprisingly instead it was almost like he was taking the pain away. What is this boy doing to me?

My eyes drifted open, expecting to meet his, but found that he was looking at my disgusting, purple and black skin. He doesn't seem appalled by the sight, but I bet he's just hiding his emotions for my sake. I couldn't help myself when my hand landed on top of his. It felt nice, and the tingles helped more of the pain vanish into thin air.