Chapter 3

(edited)

Amanda's P.O.V

My eyes shot open from one of the many nightmares involving the previous night. I was still in his bed, but with every move I made, I felt sore all over. There was so much pain that I couldn't tell where it started and where it stopped.

Minute after minute passed by until I finally pushed through the agony and sat up on the bed. Breath in. Breath out. Deep breaths.

I looked over to my right to see Ahriman's back facing me. My eyes began to well up with tears. Breath in. Breath out. Breath in. Breath out.

I couldn't take being in this bed any longer. I ran out of the room as fast as my weak muscles could take me. Once I was downstairs, I pulled my backpack over my shoulders and walked into the cold winter air. Getting to school took twice as long as it normally would, and I ended up walking into the building at 8:30 AM.

The second I arrived at the door to my first-period class, the bell rang, signaling it was over. I grudgingly turned around, heading to my math class.

I noticed people were giving my strange looks, but it was probably because I was a limping, wincing girl walking down the hallway with a million and one bruises all over her body. I would look at me strangely too.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, I made it to my next class just after the bell had rung. Slowly but surely, I walking into the class and sat down in the only seat available, which was right next to Conlan. Immediately, all eyes were on me and some mouths slightly ajar. What the heck are they looking at? Haven't they seen a bruised, limping girl before? Even the teacher was staring at me with wide eyes.

"Sweetheart...w-would you like to go to the nurse...o-or like a hospital?" Mrs. Hannigan asked me hesitantly. I shook my head in confusion. Yea, I was in extreme pain, but I've handled much worse before.

I could feel Conlan gazing at my arm then back up at me. I looked down to see a purple, swollen arm that was not pointing straight like it should normally be. It was broken. Oh...that's what everyone was staring at.

I just shrugged my shoulders and hoped the teacher would move on to the lesson. Even if I wanted to go to the hospital, I couldn't; I'm not allowed to. If I did, we would have to move again, because the nurses would get suspicious. Broken bones heal themselves, right?

Apparently, Conlan was having none of that, because I heard him growl before picking me up bridal style and then walking me to the nurse.

I was struggling in his grip, silently begging him to let me go. Of course this confused Conlan greatly.

"Why don't you want to go to the nurse? You're hurt!" He whisper-yelled. "Who hurt you anyways, " I noticed he was attempting to calm down but was doing a bad job at it. Conlan knew I wasn't going to answer him, but I stopped wiggling on his arms, which made him smile lightly.  

~~~

"Oh...oh...no oh no," I kept hearing her say. I expected as much. I wouldn't doubt that there are other bones broken as well; I really wouldn't be surprised.

The second Conlan brought me into the main office, the nurse ran out and carefully brought me into her room. First, she checked out my nearly dismantled arm and then asked to look at the rest of my bruises. When she brushed her fingers against my ribs, I closed my eyes to attempt to block out the excruciating pain running through that area.

"Oh sweetie," She endeared, worriedly. "Not only do you have a broken arm, but I think you broke a rib or two. This is definitely out of my field of expertise. I'm going to have to call an ambulance," The second those words came out of her frowning, sympathetic lips, I began shaking my head "no" vigorously. "I'm sorry, but I have no choice," Great. Little did she know that this wouldn't fix anything, but make it a whole lot worse.

~~~

"Does it hurt when I do this?" The doctor asked, while lightly touching my swollen arm. Pain quickly shot through me as I nodded my head. "I see..."

I watched as he asked a few more questions, writing down all the results on his clipboard. No, two clipboards.

He looked back up at me then did a double check. The doctors began yelling something to the nurse and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Amanda, I'm going to need you to stay with me, sweetie. Can you do that?" Every few second a number of doctors in the room increased, but the weird thing was they wore all of the same facial features, as if they were duplicates or something.

I extended my finger out to touch one of them but it went through the vision. I tried again, and this time I poked one of their noses, which made me smile at how it felt.

My body grew heavier in weight suddenly; I could barely hold myself in the current sitting position the doctor had me in. My lids felt too heavy to hold open so I let myself slip into the darkness

A/N:

Hey, guys! Sorry for the short chapter, but I'm on vacation right now, so I couldn't really do much, but I really wanted to give you something. So here! A chapter! Haha, and if you're confused. She was seeing double. There wasn't actually multiples of the doctor if I didn't make that clear enough. Goodbye fellow readers, and have a super Sunday!

Will they figure out why she passed out?

Will they uncover some of her hidden secrets in the process?

Vote

Comment

Follow