Chapter 12

(edited)

Conlan's P.O.V

I've been sitting on this couch for the past hour with my head in my hands. As a werewolf, my will power is running thin, and it's getting harder and harder to stay away from her. Every second I'm not holding her or breathing the same air, I'm suffering in agony and dissatisfaction in life. It's like a mental pain; repeating in my head over and over again. BANG BANG BANG.

Suddenly I feel a hand rubbing along my spine, and the sparks that I wish were there are unfortunately not. Not Amanda...

"Hey, bud..." Aimees' voice sounds in my ear. "...you think you want to get up and maybe have something to eat? Or even just interact with us. Something..." she pleaded. It's obvious through the desperation seeping through her words that she's not the only one worried about me. But she, of all people, should know what I'm going through. Absolute torture.

I shook my head slightly. "No. Not unless Amanda's there," I whined. I was completely aware of how childish I was sounding, but I couldn't help it. I was craving her so badly; it hurts to be away from her for even the smallest amount of time.

She sighed loudly in my ear and moved her hand away from me.

"I miss her," I whimpered.

"I know. I know, but you just need patience," I looked up at her like she had three heads.

"What do you think I've been doing. I've tried time and time again to talk to her besides for the assignment and she just....ugh....doesn't react. I can't wait any longer," I sighed.

"Do you love her?" she asked suddenly.

"What?"

"It's a simple question, Conlan. You either do or you don't..." she stated. "...do you love Amanda?"

"I...I don't think I've known her long enough to say...but I know if I don't yet, I will soon," she nodded her head in understanding. We were silent for a little bit before Aimee broke it once more.

"I heard about the stunt you pulled yesterday,"

"What stunt?" I asked, trying to play it off like I didn't know what she was talking about. She gave a look that said, "cut the crap". I sighed and nodded my head for her to continue.

"You do realize that Dakota was messing with you, right?" she laughed.

"What?" I could feel my temperature rising from evident anger.

"Yea. He never did that for me. If he did, the most he would get is a slap in the face. You're lucky you got to cuddle with her,"

I went to get up from the couch and beat my Beta up, but Aimee grabbed my arm-stopping me in my path.

"Don't. You. Dared." she snarled. I had to use all of my strength in order to not snap at her for potentially threatening me. I know she didn't mean it like that, so I let it slide.

"Do you want to know what I think?" I brought my head back into my hands, feeling defeated again and nodded for her to speak on. "If you want to be near her so badly, then why don't you go to her house and see her?"

"Because I did that yesterday, and look how that turned out,"

"Yes. Please do look at how that went,"

"Huh," I gave her a confused look. What the heck is she talking about?

"Let's see. Did either of you get seriously injured?"

"No, but..."

"Did either of you face any consequences?"

"No, but..."