40 : NARROWING THE SPACE.

"My name is Oikawa Saki," the brown-haired woman introduced herself, smiling kindly at Yukimi while squeezing Natsumi's hand on top of the dining table

"My name is Oikawa Saki," the brown-haired woman introduced herself, smiling kindly at Yukimi while squeezing Natsumi's hand on top of the dining table. For once, the small dining table seemed like it needed more space. Yukimi always liked the table for being her small haven with her mother every meal, now, it felt like everything overflowed. "Uhm," Saki looked at the side, receiving an encouraging smile from her girlfriend, prompting her to face the younger girl again, "I know this is so sudden but I wanted to get to know you better, Yukimi-chan. Since as you can see, your Mom has been the most amazing thing that has happened to me since the birth of my grandson. I wanted to let you know thatー"

"It's alright, Oikawa-sanー"

Saki smiled reassuringly. "You can call me Saki, Yukimi-chan."

"Saki-san," Yukimi tested out, feeling herself grin each passing second. "It's completely alright." She looked down on her glass of apple juice, her reflection showing a serene smile, before looking directly at the brown-haired woman in front of her. "I've come to terms with it and though I was tentative at first, I realized that I never actually disliked the idea of Mom dating right now. So thank you so much for making her happy. Welcome to the family, Saki-san!"

"Yuki-chan," Natsumi tearfully murmured, her expression displaying how touched she was with her daughter.

Actually, touched wasn't the word needed to describe how warm Natsumi's chest feels at the moment. Tears just ran down her cheeks, euphoric that the weight on her shoulders vanished in an instant. She was so blessed by having an understanding daughter who would readily accept her for, not only dating after being widowed for a couple of years, but also for loving someone of the same sex. At first, it was even a huge surprise for her for falling in love with Saki, feeling the tremendous wave of serendipity whenever she was with the older woman. All the times they met up and the distance that they crossed was worth it if it meant enjoying each other's company. She never really expected to find herself feeling like a teenager again in the presence of Saki but it seemed like so when the brown-haired woman confessed to her first. It was like high-school again. The joy of falling in love that was so unbeknownst to you, delving in deep without knowing what was going to happen. Saki made her feel all that again.

Yukimi could only stare fondly when her mother was comforted by Saki when the former burst into tears. She watched as the brown-haired woman placed both of her hands on Natsumi's cheeks, rubbing her thumbs on her cheekbones to calm her down. The older woman then was murmuring something under her breath that only Natsumi could hear, placing their foreheads against each other like it was the most natural thing to do. What Yukimi saw was pure bliss in front of her, glowed by one of the most important people in her life and her lover. It was familiar. Her hands clenched around the glass of juice, her mind thinking back on that messy-haired boy who told her he will always be waiting for her.

"I thought you weren't going to accept it."

A soft voice came from Yukimi's right, making her lose her train of thoughts purely of Kuroo. "What?" she asked, not picking up what Oikawa Tooru told her.