44 : THE CATS AGAINST THE WORLD.

"Are you nervous, Yukimi?"

The said girl turned to the older coach, arms crossed over his chest and an easygoing smile plastered on his face. There was never a time where Nekomata expressed anything other than finding his team's matches interesting, unlike Naoi, who was now slightly shaking at the nervousness of the game. The cheers drowned everything and Yukimi had to discern what the older man asked her. When Nekomata repeated the question to her with a patient smile, Yukimi tried to increase the volume of her voice so that the coach can hear her reply. "I am," she lightly laughed. "I believe in the team," Yukimi nervously scratched her cheek, "but I can't deny that Fukurodani is also an amazing and high caliber one."

"You're right," Nekomata hummed. "Most of the practice games we had with that school always ended in their favor." Then, he grinned as his shoulders shook in a chuckle. "But the boys aren't that nervous now." True enough, the members of the Nekoma team gradually expelled the nerves bundled inside their bodies, eyes warily set on their opponents on the other side of the net. A sudden commotion coming from the team caught their attention, with Inuoka preventing Taketora from beating Kenma in a pulp. (Naoi sighed in resignation.) "It seems like the atmosphere's really livened up!"

"Let's have a good match!"

As the team gathered in front of the bench for their pre-game huddle, Nekomata once again looked at Yukimi, who was staring straight with her hands clenched on her lap. "Yukimi." The said girl waited for the old coach by expectantly glancing at him. "What do you think is the main problem in the match at the moment?"

The caramel-eyed girl blinked, mildly surprised that Nekomata once again entered his questioning mode. It was like being in a classroom and the teacher called you for a recitation the least you expected it. Humming under her breath, Yukimi tried recalling the things she wrote down in the report three days before the semi-finals. The third-year manager even asked for Hikari to help with the task since she was compiling any information regarding the three teams present in the Tokyo Representative Match Playoffs (mainly focusing on the team that their school hadn't played against ー Itachiyama), which will be a lot of work from one person. Even though the members of Nekoma knew Fukurodani and their weaknesses, she still decided to add the main points that she remembered during the training camp. And that would be some of Bokuto's weaknesses that Akaashi would mutter when he doesn't know Yukimi was nearby.

Yukimi still felt bad for doing that.

"I wouldn't exactly call it a problem but Bokuto seems to be in a good mood right now." Her gaze found the said boy's figure and it stirred something inside her stomach. A bird of prey, that's what he is, and Yukimi once again clenched her fists. "From what Tetsurou always told me, there's nothing good coming from Bokuto if he feels invigorated in a match, at least for the team playing against Fukurodani. It's going to be like trying to diffuse a cannon."

"You're right," Nekomata smiled. "I say that being our improved 'usual' should be enough to stop those cannon's attacks."

Yukimi nodded. "Yeah. They're going to be alright."