10 : BONDS.

Three full matches later and both Karasuno and Nekoma were either sprawled on the floor or panting with hands on their knees

Three full matches later and both Karasuno and Nekoma were either sprawled on the floor or panting with hands on their knees. Morning turned into late afternoon as both teams struggle to catch up with their breathing while the teams' coaches and managers laughed at their situation. As Yukimi noted the scores on each set, Hinata stood up and shouted that he needs another match. With her eyebrow twitching in disbelief, the short-haired manager stared incredulously at the small middle blocker, who was being shaken by their head coach.

Nekomata choked from Hinata's remark. "What are you saying?!" he shouted in return. "Your movements are all messed up! Is your stamina limitless?!"

Yukimi gave a full-blown laugh from beside the old coach as Hinata was lifted off the ground by their coach, who was scolding the first-year about Nekoma missing the Shinkansen. To think about it, the short-haired girl felt her limbs ache from sitting for many hours so she opted in stretching her arms out. Upon feeling the cold air of the gymnasium touch the exposed sliver of skin, Yukimi widened her eyes when a sweaty Kuroo marched over to pull her shirt from riding up. The tall lad silently regarded her with narrowed eyes as he chose to stand beside the sitting manager. Flashing an apologetic smile, Yukimi thanked him while he grunted at the stares the pretty girl gained.

"If you want to play against us again, do it in a regular game," Nekomata announced, standing up from his seat. "Let's meet in the national stage before loads of spectators, in a place brimming with all sorts of emotions, in an enormous gymnasium that sparkles and gleams, and have the greatest 'Battle of the Trash Heap' anyone's ever seen." The old coach finished it with a grin that spurred on the spirits of every player inside the training center.

"Osu!"

"Huddle!" Kuroo and Daichi shouted simultaneously, the teams exchanging positions to listen to the opposite coaches' guidance.

Yukimi and the two coaches of Nekoma stood up from the bench now that Karasuno stood with straight backs, waiting for the head coach's reflection on the practice match. The short-haired girl caught the eye of Daichi, who flashed her a kind smile as Nekomata cleared his throat to start speaking.

"His grandfather and I are old acquaintances," Nekomata stated, looking over at Ukai, who was praising Nekoma's team with a large smile. "We did a lot of practice matches together back in the days. They were all good matches, every single one of them. However, he called and told me that he planned to retire." He lightly chuckled, shaking his head. "But a good rival is hard to find. Old man Ukai recently made a comeback but collapsed soon thereafter, and I was afraid that was it for Karasuno." Nekomata's solemn façade turned into a close-eyed smile as he continued, "Frankly, your abilities exceeded my expectations - especially in offense; there probably won't be many people who can stop number nine and ten from their quick attack."

Hinata and Kageyama swelled in pride, their cheeks tinted a slight hue of red.

"And you two on the left, you both are powerful weapons. All that's left is to figure out how to connect, I guess."