18 : THE VICTORS.

"One touch!"

"One touch!"

The ball managed to come in contact with Kuroo's hand as Hachioji's ace did a quick right in front of him, giving Nekoma a chance in keeping the ball in play. As usual, their match started out in the opponent team's favor, seeing as they let Kenma try to perceive what the other team has up their sleeves except for the rumored ceiling serves. So far, nothing much has been acting up from Hachioji's team, even their ceiling serves, and it was making the members of Nekoma on guard more than usual. As much as they deny it, it seems like Hachioji has been holding back and were silently waiting for them to break from their composed way of playing. Now it was the second set and things are starting to come into place for both teams.

Kuroo smirked at the possibility of winning this as he looked overhead, following the ball's trajectory as it smoothly went to Yaku. The libero kneeled a little and managed to bump the ball without any problems, perfectly making an arc towards Kenma, who never once glanced at his teammates.

Hachioji's team all furrowed their brows as they carefully watched where the setter planned to toss the ball. Was it their scary middle blocker who completely shut out their ace's spikes? Their rambunctious ace who was silent for once as he set his catlike eyes on the ball right above Kenma? Or their stealthy wing spiker who seemed to never make a sound when enacting a quick? Whoever it is, Nekoma took it to their advantage as every single player matched their movements with each other, making it hard for Hachioji to conclude which player gets the ball.

However, since Kenma managed to confuse them, he pulled off another dump to the other side of the net. Never expecting for the dump to happen, the players of Hachioji didn't react as they watched the ball drop on the floor. Masumi, who was so excited when he entered the court, looked directly at Kenma with a perplexed face as he panted, dumbfounded that such an unfit player has the ability to bring the train of momentum to their side. Kenma, however, returned his stare with both coldness and aloofness, the blonde strands of his hair resting over his eyes, before turning around to receive the high-five Kuroo gave him.

16-13.

Yukimi quickly wrote something in her notebook after staring at the scoreboard. Their team is apparently doing well, being in the lead. At this pace, Yukimi concluded that they can win the match if the members maintained in keeping up their momentum. Fidgeting with her ballpoint pen, Yukimi glanced at Nekomata, who was once again snickering under his breath while focusing his eyes on the match.

"They're doing pretty good," Nekomata noted, his eyes never wavering from scrutinizing the manner of Taketora's jump serve. Receiving a silent nod from Naoi beside him, the older coach set his eyes on Yukimi, who was vibrantly observing the match. "What do you think, Yukimi? It's a bit different from all those practice matches, right?"

The short-haired manager nodded. "I expected it to be different since this is an official match and one mistake will most likely end up as the team's failure. But it's kind of exhilarating, knowing that each of our players will do anything to get past this round. As ridiculous as it sounds, worrying over the match is the least of my concerns right now because judging from the way they are playing, they're all so calm unlike the practice matches with Karasuno. I guess I trust our team too much." She coyly laughed as she ran her fingers through her hair, her cheeks flushing once she heard Nekomata's laugh beside her.