16 : THE CATS' REVIVAL.

There are a lot of things that have occurred in the following days leading to the InterHigh tournament

For starters, the volleyball club trained and trained even on the weekends, which was tiring in Yukimi's opinion, with her being the sole witness of the exhausted club members. However, even though the training looked Spartan-like, Yukimi couldn't deny that it made the boys appear bigger and stronger than they originally were. It even made her understand the team's dynamics more. She was inwardly glad to witness the team grow in their own way during their practices.

And with the morning and afternoon practices in the equation, the pep rallies of the clubs commenced as scheduled, which was at the start of June. It was somewhat endearing to see all the members on stage while Kuroo gave his speech from behind the podium, engaging them to join their club or even be the second manager. Though, it seems that Taketora managed to rile up Yaku with his funny faces while Kuroo kept talking to the student body.

Yukimi also noted the changes in each member; noticing how Kenma tried matching his sets with any of his teammates, with the two-toned boy setting high enough for Kuroo or just right for the other members, or noticing how Kuroo continued practicing his back row attack that seemed to have worked well in their practice match with Karasuno, or even the extra training Shibayama got from Yaku. There were times where Nekomata also asked for her input, which she dutifully relayed. The older man would eventually thank her for being the reliable manager she always is, which will always make her flush in embarrassment, seeing as every member agreed instantaneously with utmost enthusiasm.

This always happens as another day got crossed out in the calendar, nearing InterHigh.

With their preliminaries set later than the other prefectures, Yukimi received a call from Daichi one Sunday night. It was when she just entered her room after taking a bath that her phone blared on her night table. However, her cheery greeting was returned half-heartedly, making her realize that that day was the second day of Miyagi's preliminaries. And from Daichi's scratchy voice telling her what happened, Yukimi was left in disbelief, knowing that Karasuno lost their ticket to advance to the nationals. This earned quite a few reactions from the Nekoma volleyball club, with Kuroo keeping to himself throughout the Monday practices.

She could only watch from the other side of the court as the captain's hopes of reenacting the 'Battle of the Trash Heap' were once again pushed back.

The week before the preliminaries, Yukimi agreed to meet up with the captain of the cheering squad of Nekoma. She wanted to lend them the club banner, asking them for help in putting it up prior to the start of the games. There she met Taketora's energetic little sister, Akane, who was apparently Nekoma's cheering squad captain and who nearly combusted at the sight of the manager. Yukimi even invited her to go to the café she previously ate with Kuroo and Kenma as a way to thank her in advance for being a great help to the club. The poor junior high student never uttered a complete sentence when the idolized senior of the junior high department sat in front of her, making Yukimi try to engage her in a conversation with a light atmosphere.