41 : THE PROMISE OF LINGERING SPARKS.

It was decided

It was decided.

Nekoma was awarded as one of the schools to grapple for a spot in the representative roster leading to the nationals. Waves of relief and exhilaration washed over the members of Nekoma as they stared at the scoreboard with wide eyes, the current match declaring them the victors with their three-point lead. Aside from emerging as a surviving team in the preliminaries, they were placed as one of the top four institutions in the new tournament ー a glory that their school never experienced in a good number of years. This means that they will have to face the other three celebrating their win in the arena and all of them were teams that stood as the best among the others in Tokyo. Now it was a huge relief to them that they weren't placed in the same block as the other three schools, as much as Kuroo wanted to crush Fukurodani and Nohebi in a match.

Kuroo then surprised Yukimi when he ran towards her and lifted her in a warm hug. It was awkward when he realized that he did that without thinking but quickly relaxed when Yukimi happily wrapped her arms around his neck, laughing along with the rest of the team.

After a joyous win for their team, Yukimi went to Miyagi the following week to fulfill her promise of watching her potential stepbrother (something that Oikawa and she established after spending the weekend annoying each other, mainly the boy pestering her) orchestrated an unrivaled game. It was a first for her ー sleeping in a house other than Daichi's in Miyagi and she could feel the ominous aura coming from the locked door of Oikawa's room. She could faintly hear the loud murmur from the brunet's headphones and had to remind Oikawa that he needed rest, seeing as he has a game tomorrow.

It was also the first time Yukimi felt torn.

Now that Oikawa started to grow on her, the dark-haired girl was at a loss for words when Karasuno won their match against his team. It was one of the best matches she had ever seen, it sent her leaning at the edge of her seat at every bump of the volleyball. Yukimi knew he was keeping his tears at bay with a blank face as they bowed in front of the spectators, and it just so happened that his brown eyes met hers for the first time since he stepped on the court. Earlier, she decided to sit in a row of chairs without any indication that she was siding with either team. But it seems like Oikawa still managed to find her and Yukimi felt her chest constrict when the brunet looked away with a pursed face and clenched fists.

Letting Oikawa be with his teammates, Yukimi congratulated her friends. It was nice to hug Daichi again after being absent on their second joint practice with Nekoma and Fukurodani. She knew that there will be more hugs to come, believing in Karasuno more than anything for the finals the next day. As much as the short-haired boy wanted to invite her for dinner in his rowdy house, Daichi understood that she will be busy attending to Oikawa since she was staying there for the weekend.

(It was a great shock for Daichi to know that Yukimi had a connection with Oikawa.

"I know what you're going to say, Daichi."