I love you

In this one, Glenn and Maggie are your adoptive parents, since the prison, and Enid is your sister. That's what it is in my dr for shifting so writing about it helps. :)

The idea for a scavenger hunt or whatever isn't mine, can't find creds (I loved that story and have been tryna find it for ages 😓)

You and Carl had been staying at Hilltop for a few days with Glenn, Maggie and Enid. It was nice staying there as you had been at the Grimes house for a while, but obviously you brought Carl because he didn't want you to go there alone, and then he just never ended up leaving 🤷‍♀️.

You woke up to Glenn, "ay get up lover boy wants you!"

"Please shut up."

Glenn laughed at your grumpy morning self and continued back out the door to see Maggie. As it shut behind him, you noticed a note,"come find me: this tastes like some good thangsss"

A clue. You remembered this one easily, as it was a common joke between you and Carl that he says 'things' slightly different. But this one time, the soup, it was all over Rick's face and just made it funnier.

Thoughts ran through your brain, "I'm not going back to Alexandria for one clue cause I swear to god- wait.. THE FIREPLACE.

There was a fire made of sticks on a patch of grass in hilltop that the group had sat around all night with soup and some rabbit. That was what it meant.

You rushed outside, and the unsurprised look on Maggie's face showed that she knew something.

As you reached the place, you found a little parcel, wrapped in leaves and bendy sticks that had been tied with a bow of grass. Aww.

Curiously, you examined the parcel, then unwrapped it revealing another note, along with a bracelet that had a 'C' created by sticks. This time, the note read: "I've been waiting to do this since I found a very special shop, it was when we were separated while walking to terminus - clue: dancing, 4am"

Well, you had an idea of what it was, it was very clear, but it was all the way back at Alexandria which was frustrating but you went down there anyway because you were intrigued with what was going on. You left a quick note on the kitchen counter for anyone in hilltop wondering where you had gone off to and then headed straight back down there.

As you approached the old, not in use Alexandrian house, you saw a note on the door, "sorry for all these notes, just one more place, clue: I love you"

You were puzzled. What's that supposed to mean? The first place he said I love you? That was the damn prison. You scurried off around Alexandria, interrogating people as you passed by them.

You went up to Rosita, who was presenting to the fellow neighbours a lesson of the use of knives, guns etc. and asked her and them about where they might have seen him. Then the sight of the knives brought it to you.

You knew it.

The carving.

A special carving you and Carl did into a tree behind the Grimes' house. It was special, but it was merely forgotten as it had been a while since that day, and it's not an often occasion to find the hidden symbols on it.

Ok. "Third tree on the right middle side" you thought to yourself.

You turned around and stepped towards it, a weird gut feeling shrouding you. You knelt down to a tiny, miniature cavern below the carving, spelling "I love you, C.G" and "I love you, Y/N"

There was a piece of paper resting on a small black box, "you'll understand soon xx"

You hesitated to open the box, but when you saw it a tear rolled down your face. It was a beautiful diamond ring.

You felt an arm over your shoulder, "so?"

Words were struggling to escape your mouth, so you nodded, hugging him tightly and staining his shirt with your tears.

Then a loud clapping was heard all around in the trees, shocking you. This was the happiest day of your lifetime.