Shattered Hearts (Carl) possible TW

If you read this and wonder why Carl is in brackets then go to the next imagine when it's published and you will understand :)

ALSO EVERY IMPORTANT - Judith is her season 10 age here by the way, because that's how I'd prefer it had been, because if Carl lived longer it would be a special brother-sister relationship

Head in hands, you sat next to Carl, who was resting while waiting for anyone to come with food or water. You were shuffling around, still in shock at what was happening. Your hands were moving around, you couldn't find a comfortable position, and your eyes darted around you.

The door creaked, and Carl sat up, his eyes gently fluttering open.

"Hey" Judith mumbled sadly, walking over to you. She sat by your side and made sure you were ok, before crawling over to Carl.

"Are you sure there's no way we could heal the wound? Get the infection-"

Carl cut her small, scared voice off and frowned at the realisation that Judith was so scared of his death, "there's nothing we can do. I wish there was, but it's my time now. Not right now but very soon. Very very soon."

You were still in shock, as you silently watched them.

"Y/N please cheer up, it's the last I'll get to see you..."

You crawled over to hug him, and hugged her too, "I'm sorry, there is so much going on, I can't lose you."

"Carl's hat."

"What, Judith?"

"His hat. It'll always be with us. I mean, if it's survived this long, it must be special. You don't need to worry, Y/N. And Carl is here with us now!" Judith exclaimed reassuringly. You wouldn't expect to see such a mature, loving child but you did, and she was like a little sister to you.

She walked to the door to grab some of the water from a nearby riverbank, and asked you to hold his hand as she cooled the wound. Carl tightened his grip in pain, so you hugged him gently to keep him safe.

Rick and Michonne entered the small house you had found, and shook their head in sadness looking at Carl.

"Dad, I think it's time."

You lifted up from against his shoulder to meeting his eyes, "no."

You didn't want this to be the end. You wanted to hug him forever, but once you left this room, there was no going back. Everything was gone, you felt like the world had turned against you.

"It's not fair" you shrieked quietly, in sorrow.

He put his arms out for another hug, "just one more."

As you let go, you couldn't look at his pale, dying face any longer. Michonne took you and Judith's hands to lead you away, comforting you as you slowly took each step. She went back in so Rick and herself could say their goodbyes.

You were scratching the decking, hands shaking, head dizzy. Your mind was throwing so many memories at you as tears fell. Then, they came out from the house.

There was a pain in your chest from crying, as if your heart had shattered into pieces. The silencers laser-gun sound was fired. And you fell backwards, sobbing.