Promise

𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖 𝙘𝙪𝙩𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙫𝙤, 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙤𝙤  ☻︎

You had only woke up not too long ago and Carl had been softly running his fingers through your hair ever since. 

"Y/N, you are so pretty."

Every small comment he made would always make your face light up. He never treats you any less than royal, he was a cutie. Your eyes had locked as you looked up at him, displaying your happy reaction, before your eyelids fluttered and shut peacefully.

For some reason, even in moments like this, negative thoughts would flood your brain.                        "Carl, why do you love me? Why have you spent so much energy into saving my life and risking yours?"

"Because I love you, Y/N. You are so special to me, I don't know what I'd do without you by my side" he replied, continuing to run his fingers through your hair.

"Please don't ever leave me, Carl" you say as a tear drips down at the thought of it happening, "love me forever, I don't want you gone."

He noticed the faint tear rolling down the side of your nose and wiped it away gently, "Y/N, you don't have to be scared, I'm here until the day we die, ok?" He held you closer which made you feel much more comfortable and safe. "I promise, Y/N."

"I promise too."

He lightly kissed your forehead and your tears had rolled away as you drifted back into a light R.E.M sleep.