Ocean Eyes

𝙮𝙚𝙨, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝙗𝙮 𝙢𝙚, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙧𝙚, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣 06𝙭09 𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙛𝙛 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙚𝙭𝙖𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚, 𝙧𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡'𝙨 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

You woke up late and realised Carl wasn't there. A growling noise could be heard outside and you gazed out of the window, noticing walkers could be found all around Alexandria, inside the walls and outside. You wanted to know what had been going on and why nobody had told you. Slipping on one of Carl's flannel's as you left, you rushed down the stairs and Rosita was there along with the people who live with you, Carl, Rick, Michonne, Judith. 

"Y/N, we have a problem" Rick exclaimed, in a concerned tone. He walked towards you as if ready to explain everything you had seen out the window.

You were angry that no one had woken you up yet, "why the hell wouldn't you tell me there was an overrun?" 

He stepped back and sighed, did his usual thing of a face palm and repeating the whole walk forward stuff. "We are safe, you didn't need to be woken up after the insomnia you've had for the past 3 days anyways. All I ask is that you take care of Judith for a while while we go and check around Alexandria, clear as much as possible before the thousands hovering outside get through the wall."

You reach out for Judith and say "of course, and thanks I guess. Don't die please." As you walked back upstairs, Judith giggling cutely, you turned around and smiled at Carl which made him laugh too and smile back. You were being serious, you didn't want him to die. As you shut the door behind you, you said to Judith "this will be a long day for us."

—————————————————————————

𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙪𝙨𝙠

You were getting worried. Judith's little baby smile was the only thing keeping you ok at this moment. For the past 6 or 7 hours, you had been flicking through the comics on the shelf in you and Carl's room. Judith had been ripping some of the pages out but you weren't too worried about it because it wasn't like you didn't know each word off by heart by now. As if you would ever be able to get new ones to read in this state of the world.

A static buzz vibrated through your walkie talkie which made you jump up and grab it quickly. "Carl, is that you? Are you alive? Please answer me."

"I'm ok, Y/N. Father Gabriel is outside so don't worry if you hear a knock on the door. Pass Judith over to him and rush over to Jessie's garage, we are grabbing zombie guts so we can get out and clear the outside."

You nod to agree without realising that he wouldn't be able to see your approval, but you carried on and rushed down the stairs.

—————————————————————————

𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙭𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙖

You were hand in hand between Carl and Michonne, and kept looking back and forth between them as if they could die any second and you had to make sure they were still them. Which actually, was possible.

Sam had stopped in the middle of the street, in the state of an emotional breakdown. There was no way of saving him as the walkers bit into his flesh, recklessly ripping him apart as he screamed out in fear. Jessie was pulled down with him. You watched the fear in Carl's eyes as he turned around to realise Ron had a gun, and his terrible aim was not pointing at Rick as intended.

You opened your mouth to scream but no words came out as a flash sprung from the tip of Ron's gun. Rick was running towards Carl as he fell to the ground, his eye wounded extremely, blood everywhere. You fell to the ground in shock, quickly processing the situation before Michonne dragged you along with them to the infirmary.

—————————————————————————

𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙮

"Carl.. please. Wake up, you have to, please, Carl!" you cried in fear of him being near death. His left over eye sleepily fluttered as he started to awaken. "Y/N?"

You held him tight in relief and cried of joy as his melodic voice of an angel reached your ears. He stared at you, smiling, "I've missed your ocean eyes, today, Y/N. I would never leave you, I promise."

"I love you, Carl."