Chapter 3: So It Begins...

• Dedicated to The Victims of the Connecticut Tragedy

(AN): Hey! Here's the next chapter! Enjoy! BTW here's another pic of Declan (Colin Farrell) on the side! (Which I added instead of Shane Coffey because Colin is so gorgeous... I'll add a pic of Keith (Shane Coffey) to the side. :D ===>

************

Chapter 3

Evangeline's POV

I didn't have time to respond before Declan picked me up again and started heading towards a black SUV parked outside, all the while me pounding on his back, yelling for him to let go.

Four very big men, which I assumed were from Declan's pack, were standing in front of the SUV. As soon as we got there, one of them opened the door and Declan climbed inside, still holding me.

"Declan! Stop!" I yelled at him. "Declan!"

He sat down and grabbed both of my wrists with his hands, looking at me.

"As much as I love hearing you scream my name I need you to stop, Love. I'm doing this to keep you safe." He told me, then focused on the wolf driving. "Go."

The car sped off as I looked out the window.

About a half hour later, Declan tried to break the awkward silence.

"Um... Listen. I know you didn't---" I cut him off.

"Leave me alone." I told him, crossing my arms defensively as I continued to look out the window.

He gave me a regretful look but stopped trying. It was almost four in the morning by now, but still very dark, and I started to drift asleep.

When I woke up, someone was carrying me. I heard a click as they opened a door and I felt myself being laid down on a bed.

I picked my head up and realized I was in a hotel room. It was still dark out from what I could tell from the windows. As I looked around, I saw Declan was in the room with me.

I sat up and he turned to face me, leaning on the breakfast table.

"Do you feel okay?" He asked me. I just continued to stare at the bed spread.

I just couldn't bring myself to answer him. A stab of hatred went through me.

Why couldn't he have just left me alone? There are tons of rogues that go to my college...I wasn't in any danger...I asked my wolf, who was more than happy to be with her mate.

He was just trying to protect us. She replied.

Maybe that was the case, but he had still completely ignored what I wanted.

Is it going to be like this all the time? Us being underminded because 'we're in danger' or 'he doesn't want that'? I knew that being our mate, and an Alpha, meant he could do whatever he wanted. But did that mean he was always going to be making the final decision? That was my LIFE he took me from!

He only wants the best for us...My wolf told me.

Then I realized Declan had been talking to me. "Evangeline? Please, just answer me." He said, trying to hold me. I moved away from him, causing his wolf to surface.

Hmmm... I guess his wolf doesn't like me rejecting him... I thought to myself.

Declan kept trying to hold me and every time I pushed him away he would only become more frustrated.

"Will you just stop!?!" He yelled at me. "When will you understand I only did that to help you!?!"

When I didn't respond he stood up, and running his hands through his hair turned to face me once again.