Chapter 17: Mail Time

AN): Heyyyyyyy precious lemons! Sorry I've been taking so long to upload! I had softball the past few months and didn't really have any free time, plus a huge amount of writer's block, which refuses to go away! Anyway, sorry about my rant. Enjoy the story. Pic of Dylan (Ewan McGregor) on the side.

**************

Evangeline's POV

Three days had passed since the bonfire.

Aside from the encounter with Alpha Kerrigan, I enjoyed meeting Declan's pack members. Most of them were really nice, some even inviting me over for dinner.

I also got the chance to grow closer to Aileen. I hadn't really gotten the chance to see Quinn much though, seeing as Colin and her barely ever left their house, let alone their room...

I stopped thinking about that, not wanting the image in my head. Instead, I started to think about Declan and I. He hadn't really mentioned anything like that, but every night when we went to sleep, I swore I could feel just the slightest bit of disappointment surge through our bond.

He's trying to be gentle... My wolf told me. He doesn't want to push you.

I thought about it a little more as I got ready for bed, slipping on my sweatpants and one of Declan's t-shirts. I took to sleeping in them the past few days, not knowing what time Declan was going to come home. He had been really busy since we got back, trying to get everything back to normal after he came home, so he had been getting home really late.

I settled down into the bed and started to snuggle with one of the pillows. A few moments later I was out like a light.

************

What I guessed to be a few hours later, a cold breeze blew past me, snapping me out of the dream I was having. The first thing I noticed was that Declan still wasn't back yet.

Where is he? I wondered.

Another breeze blew past me and I shivered, the cold air finally waking me up. I turned around to look at the window, which now hung open, letting the wind blow the curtains around.

Yea... That's not creepy at all... I thought.

I could've sworn that window was shut when I went to sleep. Sighing loudly, I grudglingly got out of bed and trudged to the window, almost slamming it shut as I locked it. I looked at it for a second before turning back around.

As I walked back to the bed, I noticed a beige envelope sitting on the nightstand, next to... What was that? A white rose?

Did Declan put that there?

I sniffed the air a little, and when I didn't catch my mate's scent, I started to worry.

What the hell...

I walked over to the nightstand and picked up the envelope. Not bothering to be gentle with it, I tore open the top, and looked inside. Reaching in, I grabbed a piece of paper and pulled it out, flipping it open so I could read it.

My Love,

I apologize for taking so long to write you this letter. It was difficult to get past border control to give it to you. But it was well worth it, seeing as though I was able to see your beautiful face as you slept. However, as I write this, I see you grimace in your sleep. Do not worry, I will take you away from this horrible place soon. You do not belong here, just as a wild flower does not belong in a field of dead grass. You belong with me, in my bed, not in this prison as Miles' captive. Fear not I will come for you. I swear it on my life. But for now, rest well. I will contact you again.