Chapter 11: An Uninvited Visitor

(AN): Happy Easter! :D Smirk smirk smirk... Yea so some things are gonna happen in this chapter that may or may not piss you off... so... yea. Anyway pic of Victor (Liam Neeson) on the side! ===>

*************

Chapter 11

Evangeline's POV

Another week had gone by and my mate was still unconscious.

Every fiber of my being missed him now. And one thing I couldn't stand to not see was his beautiful dark eyes.

I still hadn't left his side, and my friends were starting to get worried. Even when they had come to visit I barely ever acknowledged their presence. I just watched my mate the whole time, waiting to see those perfect brown eyes flutter open, waiting to hear his adorable accent.

But it never happened.

I was in the middle of thinking about what I would say when he woke up when Keith entered the room.

"Hey gorgeous..." He said. I nodded my head at him, but still didn't say anything.

A few moments passed before he spoke again. "I, uh... Brought you some food. Your favorite..." He said, placing the bag of food next to the others Quinn had brought earlier.

It was useless, I had stopped eating about four days ago. The pain in my stomach helped distract me from my depressing thoughts. My wolf hasn't talked to me since Declan moved his hand, she was too horrified of losing her mate to do anything but think of him.

In my side vision, I saw Keith shift awkwardly. "So... Ev.... You wanna do anything? I mean, you've been stuck in this room by yourself for a little over two weeks now... Don't you wanna go outside? I know your wolf---"

"My wolf wants to be with her mate. No where else." I snapped at him, cutting him off. "And so do I..."

I whispered that last part but Keith seemed to catch it anyway. I thought I saw some kind of emotion flash through his eyes.

"Ev, he's not awake. Do you really think he would want you to be sitting there worrying all the time and not eating? What if he never wakes---" I cut him off again with a low growl.

"Don't you dare say that. He's going to wake up. And I'm not leaving him, that's final." I said, looking him in the eye.

"Since when do you care about him so much?!?" Keith countered. "He kidnapped you, forcibly Marked you, and may I remind you, KILLED your goddamn uncle! And besides, you love me remember?!? I'm your BOYFRIEND!"

I stood up to face Keith. "DECLAN IS MY MATE! NOT YOU! SO GET OVER IT ALREADY! I love HIM! And there will never be an 'us' ever again, got it? Because as soon as Declan comes back to me, I'm NOT going to leave him ever again!" I yelled at him, then sat back down and grabbed my mate's hand once again. Keith's eyes widened in disbelief.

"What happened to 'we might be intimate some day'? What the hell did this old man do to deserve you?" Keith asked me. I snarled at him.

"Declan is NOT old, Keith! So stop calling him that! And besides, he's obviously twice the man you are..." I said bitterly as I turned to sit back down.

Keith scoffed, then seemed to think about something for a moment. "Oh really? Well... Mr. 'Twice the man I am' told his pack members to beat me up! I was walking through the commons when I heard him call this pack weak! Then to prove it he ordered his men to attack me!"

I looked at him then back to Declan. "You're lying... Declan wouldn't do that." I responded, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Are you sure? Because that's how it happened!" He yelled at me. I sighed and picked up the bag of food Keith brought it, and shoved it back into his chest.