Chapter 10: Scars, Silver, and Wounds, Oh My!

(AN): Hello again... Here's the next chapter. Oh and we're at the top of our cast list again so... Pic of Evangeline on the side! ===>

**********

Chapter 10

Evangeline's POV

I felt it. I felt the pain as it crashed and surged through my bond with Declan.

I crumpled up, holding my neck and gritting my teeth. I could faintly sense Quinn yelling something at me, but I couldn't tell what. All I knew was that Declan was hurt. Badly.

I sat there for what seemed like forever as Quinn tried to figure out what was wrong. Finally, I sensed him. Declan was back on my father's territory.

I found the strength to stand and ran towards the door. I didn't bother closing it and started to sprint down the hallway at a speed I've never reached before.

I practically ripped the door of its hinges as I ran outside of the Pack House, searching for my mate. I spun around frantically and finally spotted a few men carrying something towards the Pack House.

Mate...My wolf told me and I took off, running towards them.

My breathing hitched in my throat as I approached. The unconscious Declan was covered in his own blood. It looked like his throat had been slashed open and deep gashes covered his body, accompanied by two huge bruises spreading across his left shoulder and lower abdomen.

I felt tears roll down my cheeks as I stared at my mate, before being pushed back, out of the way of the doctors who dashed out of the Pack House. Someone wheeled over a hospital bed and the men gently placed my mate on it while the doctors examined Declan's wounds. They shouted orders to each other and a few seconds later started to move Declan inside.

One of the nurses tried to hold me back but I growled loudly at her and pushed her to the side. Nothing would keep me away from Declan when he was like this. My wolf would make sure of it.

I followed the doctors all the way to the Medical Wing before Ronan and Shaun came out of no where to hold me back. I snarled and lashed out at them violently before feeling something injected into my neck.

"That should knock her out long enough for us to operate..." I heard a muffled voice say, and my vision went blurry.

A few moments later everything went dark.

******************

My eyes opened to a bright light, making me squint.

I sat up slowly and looked around. I was in one of the beds in the Medical Wing. I was trying to remember how I got there when suddenly it hit me.

DECLAN! I thought before jumping out of bed. I started to follow the pull my bond was telling me to go towards when an arm came out of no where.

I looked up to see Ronan, a worried expression on his face.

"Let me go!" I yelled at him, pushing him away. He shook his head slowly and wrapped his other arm around me.

"I'm sorry Ev, I can't. You woke up earlier than expected. Declan's still in surgery." He told me, and I swore my heart stopped.

"What happened to him... Why... How did he get hurt so badly?! Why did you let that happen to him?!" I demanded and started hitting him again. He just tightened his hold on me in an attempt to restrain my violent attacks.

"He did it for me, Ev." I heard a voice say from behind me. I stopped struggling in Ronan's grasp and turned around to look at my father. Scratches covered his body and his eyes were puffy. He looked like hell.