Chapter 9: The New Alpha

(AN): Hello! Here's another chapter in exchange for 1,500 reads! Enjoy! Pic of Declan on the side! ===>

**********

Chapter 9

Declan's POV

I took a step back, my eyes huge as I watched Alpha Grey's body fall to the ground as his pack members dove towards him, some of them crying.

No other shots were fired. That shot was meant to maim, to wound this pack in a way that wouldn't be able to heal.

It killed their Alpha, their leader.

Their family member, and they would want revenge.

Oh fuck. 

Controlling a pack full of angry, vengeful werewolves wasn't exactly an easy feat.

"Declan..." Evangeline's father approached me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Victor, I... I don't know what..." I choked out in shock. Then a thought hit me and I looked back up at him. "Victor, you're the Alpha now. Joseph didn't have any sons..."

I watched as his eyes grew huge and he looked at the other pack members, who were now watching us.

He looked back at them before they all started to bow respectfully in front of him, recognizing their new Alpha. He was still staring at them in shock.

A few moments passed before he finally spoke. "Prepare for battle. We attack tonight." He said before walking off towards the pack house.

*************

Evangeline's POV

I was looking thoughtfully out of my window when someone started banging on my door.

I opened it up to find Quinn, one of my old friends from school standing outside next to Ronan and Shaun. She had a worried expression on her face and looked like she had been crying.

"Quinn, what's wrong?" I asked her.

"Alpha Grey... He was shot... He's... He's dead..." She choked out, crying again. I ushered her into my room and sat her down.

"What do you mean? He's not dead... I didn't feel it in the pack bond..." I said.

"You wouldn't. You're part of another pack now... I didn't feel it either. I... I saw it..." She said, still crying a little. I looked at her.

"What do you mean you didn't feel it? You're still part of---"

"I found my mate, Ev. His name is Colin. He's from the Irish pack..." She told me, showing me her Mark. My eyes grew huge.

I sat in silence for a few moments and watched Quinn wipe tears from her eyes as I let Alpha Grey's death sink in. She and Alpha Grey had been close. Nothing near romantic, but they had been good friends.

I felt a few tears roll down my cheek. Alpha Grey had been like a second father to me, and I was still in shock.

A second later I stood up straight and made my way over to my food stash. Cookie dough tended to help with depression, and I had eaten a lot of it since Michael's death, but now I figured Quinn needed it more.

Walking back to the couch, I handed her the box of dough and a spoon, and she looked at me gratefully.

"Thank you, Ev..." She said. I watched as she started to eat it. A tear rolled down her cheek and I realized she needed more of a distraction.

"So tell me about Colin." I asked her.

************

Two dirty spoons, what seemed to be a thousand tears, an empty box of cookie dough, and a few hours later we were all cried out. Neither of us could really feel anything right now.