Chapter 5: Silver

(AN): Heyoooooo :) Just wanted to quickly say that I completely freaked out when we reached 100 votes! I also freaked out when we got up to 3,000 reads! I did so even more when we got up to 4,000! Thanks guys! Pic of William Kerrigan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), who you will meet later, on the side!!! :D

****************

Chapter 5

Evangeline's POV

I watched Declan as he went to go answer the door, subconsciously admiring his bare chest.

My wolf wanted nothing more than to go over there, slam the door shut, and practically attack the half naked Declan.

Realizing what I was thinking about, I snapped out of it and stood up, looking around for something to wear. I noticed a dark brown bag in the corner of the room, and assuming it was Declan's, started to look through it, looking for something to wear.

I felt arms snake around my waist.

"We have to go now." Declan said hoarsely. I turned around to face him and he pulled me closer to him.

"What do you mean?" I asked, hoping he wasn't going to say what I was thinking.

"You know what I mean. We have to return to Ireland and take back our role as leaders to our pack." He said. "Oh and also, that weakling I fought in your dorm room called the police. Three officers are down in the lobby. So we're going back to our pack where they can't do anything."

"First of all, Keith is not a weakling, and secondly, it's your pack..." I told him.

"Ours." He said again. "You're my mate, which makes you a Luna. That also means you have a responsibility to those wolves and we must return to them."

"Can't we just stay here a little longer? We haven't even seen my dad yet. And it'll be easy to hide from the police once we're inside Alpha Grey's territory." I said. I felt Declan's muscles tense at the mention of those two men.

I sighed. "I know you three weren't exactly happy with each other a while ago, but one of them is my dad, Declan. And I've known Alpha Grey since I was little, he'll understand. They both will."

Declan looked down at me. "He's not 'Alpha Grey' to you anymore. You're a Luna. Remember that you're equals. And fine, we will eventually go see them again." He said, and I smiled. "But not until we've mated."

My eyes got huge and I pushed Declan away from me. "What?!? No!" I yelled at him.

Declan sighed. "It's the only way to be sure they won't try to separate us. Yes, your mark will definitely make it hard for us to stay away from each other, but until we've actually mated there's no guarantee they won't try to take you away from me. They know it would kill us both." I sighed.

Why does he have to be right? I asked myself.

It was true. A mark made it extremely hard and nearly painful to be away from your mate for too long. But after mates had actually 'done the deed', so to speak, being away from your mate for that long would literally kill you. Nothing else mattered except your mate. You can't think about anyone else, you don't eat, and you don't sleep. You go into a state of deep depression. Then, after a few weeks of that, you die of a broken heart. And there's nothing any other wolf can do for you.

Sighing again, I replied. "If you think that's going to make me want to mate with you any time soon, you're sadly mistaken."

Declan chuckled, holding me once more. "I thought you would say that." He said, but suddenly looked serious again. "You know, the longer we wait, the more painful the heat cycles are going to get. You didn't feel anything because it was your first time, but it's going to worse."