Chapter 7: Super Secret Meetings

(AN): Hey pretty people, here's the next chapter. Pic of Colin (Ben Barnes) on the side. ===>

***********

Chapter 7

Evangeline's POV

I could literally feel my wolf trying to claw her way out.

I've been alone in this room for about three days now, mourning Michael's death. I still couldn't believe Declan would do something like that. Even if it was for his mate.

HIS WOLF TOOK OVER! My wolf screeched at me. I WOULD DO THE SAME THING IF SOMEONE SHOT HIM!!! SO GET OVER IT AND LET ME SEE MY MATE!

I ignored her. She'd been pissed at me lately for not allowing her to see Declan. I mean, she had been upset about losing Michael too but after two days of not seeing her mate she started pleading with me to go to him. Despite how my wolf longed for her mate, I couldn't bring myself to want to see him right now. The human side of me was in too much pain.

And even if I did want to, finding Declan definitely wouldn't be hard. He's been sitting outside of my door for the past couple of days. He wouldn't leave for anything. Sometimes he'd even start talking to me from outside, trying to explain why he did what he did. And while normally if I wasn't so horribly upset with him, I would find that kind of funny, however I refused to answer him. Suprisingly, he's never tried to get in by force. Not yet at least.

I just couldn't get the thought of him killing those two men out of my head. Because of my mate, two men wouldn't be going back home to their mates; two men would never live to see their families again, and now their mates are probably going to die without them, and all because my mate couldn't control his wolf.

I looked at my clock. It was around 11 PM now. I unfolded myself from the huddled position I was in on my bed and started to pull the covers over me.

I suddenly heard something hit my window.

After a moment of wondering who the hell would be at my window at this hour, curiosity got the better of me and I moved towards the window. I peered out through the curtains and spotted Keith down on the lawn, motioning for me to open the window.

Sighing, I slid the bottom part up and leaned down to look at him. Keith smiled.

"Hey gorgeous." He said.

"What?" I asked in annoyed tone, harsher than I'd intended.

"Come down here, will you?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Keith I---" He cut me off.

"Come on, Ev. You've been stuck in that room by yourself for days. I'm worried about you. I mean, I know you're upset about Mike, but you shouldn't mourn all by yourself. It's not healthy. Come down here so I can cheer you up." He said.

I sighed again. Maybe Keith was the one who could cheer me up, but what would happen when someone found out I was gone?

"Keith, I don't think I---"

"No! No thinking! Just get down here so I can make you happy again. It'll be like old times, I promise." He told me. Giving in, I smiled at him.

"Fine. But how am I suppose to get out? I have a possessive mate outside of my door." I told him.

"Just jump. I'll catch you," He said. I gave him a look. "Oh come on Ev. You know I'd catch you. What is wolf strength for? And besides, you've probably done this a million times since we were kids anyway." He told me, laughing.

"Alright, but I swear to the Goddess that if you don't catch me, I will rip you to shreads." I told him, joking. He smiled and nodded, holding his arms out dramatically.